Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ticket for Tailgating

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭J_R

Hi

I really did not think it was necessary to add if safe to do so.

So:

If safe, you must do the posted speeed limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,698 ✭✭✭jd

Re ROTR -
    BostonB wrote:

...its not official or a legal requirement, then...

The ROTR are an based on the traffic laws /SIs, put in layman's terms

• Registered Users Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I have always felt that drivers are required to drive too fast for the driving test. There seems to be a lot of emphasis on making progress and keeping your speed at the posted maximum in urban areas with little emphasis on hazard perception. I also don't like the way learners seem to be taught to approach T junctions. Sudden braking as late as possible seem to be the norm. They'll get away with it until the first time they encounter an icy road and then will sail straight on because they haven't been shown any different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

J_R wrote:
    ...No, but had a chat regarding speed limits with a person who would know the requirements of the driving test and was advised you MUST do the posted speed limits....

Theres too much ambiguity in the driving test IMO one instructor can fail you for lack of progress the other for driving too fast in the same conditions. That just can't be right. Why are you talking about the test anyway? I'd take the actual legal requirements before 2nd hand info via word of mouth. The test is quite removed from real driving , and telling a guard "that what my instructor told me" isn't going to hold any water.

IMO it would be impractical to enforce a rule you HAVE to drive at the limit. Many vehicles are not even be capable of reaching it.

Advertisement