Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how do top ups work?

Options
  • 08-05-2007 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    Im in a bit of a desperate situation and I was thinking of asking for the top-up grant. The problem is I don't know how to go about it and I don't know if I qualify. My situation at the moment is;
    I have to stay here and work in the college (in finland) for the summer, its part of my work placement. I will only get 200euro a month for it (my rent is 150 euro per month). I cannot get a part-time job as I don't speak finnish and those jobs are hard to come by even if you do speak finnish. Added to all this is the fact that my Fiancee has become pregnant so the usual grant, which I barely scrape by with, will not do.

So do I have a chance? and how much of my situation should I mention to the VEC when I try to get the top-up. Also is it possible to get it now or should I apply in september for it when I do my yearly renewal of the grant?

Thanks

Advertisement