Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MAG Ireland Bikers Are Voters campaign

• 08-05-2007 11:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,444 ✭✭✭✭

Download the PDF file (1MB) here

The first page shows that beneath the helmets and leather we're real people and responsible members of society. (Yes unfortunately people in Ireland need to be reminded of this.)

On the second page is a list of questions to get those election candidates squirming. Make sure they know "Bikers Are Voters" who feel strongly about motorcycling issues and can influence friends and family too.

Scrap the cap!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,444 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Thanks kbannon for stickying :)

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

cool, that will be going on my front door

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭AidoCQS

I love it - this is democracy in Action

Its nice too to be able to retaliate with all the paper they shove through our doors

I just did a search of all the Main political party's Election Manifesto's using the search function on the PDF reader.

I searched Motorcycle & Motorbike and got nothing, feeling very important now... ah well maybe in the next election

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

Very good that.

Though how effective asking them asses that are in power (in particular) questions is I'm not so sure :( I had a PD candidate call to my door the other night already and it was the closest I've ever come to hitting someone in years. Totally arrogant **** who, when I asked practically any question at all relating to how the country was run, started just saying to my face (HE to ME!!), "you don't know what you're talking about", "you get this from tabloids", and so on. I ended up just getting too annoyed to deal with him properly and started shouting at him. Kind of wish I had hit him in reflection ... they're infuriatingly smug at times.

• Advertisement

A man that knocks on your door should have a little more respect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,444 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

AidoCQS wrote:
    A man that knocks on your door should have a little more respect

Exactly. Ring up PD HQ art and give them a piece of your mind! Doesn't sound like a very effective canvassing strategy on that guy's part!

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

ninja900 wrote:
    Exactly. Ring up PD HQ art and give them a piece of your mind! Doesn't sound like a very effective canvassing strategy on that guy's part!
    I hadn't really thought of doing anything but you are right, I shouldn't just let it go. I was wound up for hours afterwards. I think I'll write a letter, might be a bit more formal.

Fianna Fail called last night but they ran off before I could even get to the door to open it! I had my questions all ready and everything! I guess they were in a rush to get back to see Bertie on TV maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭slapper

remember this lads when it comes to the local elections
    bikers are voters bitch and complain as much as you can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Parkie

Thought he came over as a bit childish to be honest. Expecting motorhomes and all, he got first class advice that he did'nt take either.

Anyway, the bit of coverage on the national network showing a bit about Irish bike racing was welcome.

No such thing as bad publicity as they say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

I am going to unsticky this thread.

It is an old thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Could do the same with the FAQ, its outdated and irrelevant at this stage and badly needs to be replaced.

Advertisement