Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kowlon bridge collapse

• 08-05-2007 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Dived the Kowloon bridge wreck on Saturday with Aquaventures. We were told that the bow section had collapsed over the winter but they were not sure how badly.
    From what we have seen the bow looks to have totally collapsed and bears no resemblance to images I have seen in the past. According to Jerry in Aquaventures, the section we were dropped onto at 20m used to be at 7m, so that may give you some idea.
    Weather turned to crap though and could not dive the sub unfortunately.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Scuba.ie

Its been there for a few years now and survived a lot of bad weather over the years. I dived the stern once and its just a scrapyard. I've booked the hard boat for a weekend in July with some mates so will check it out then. Hopefully we'll have good enough weather for the U260...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭sixpointfive

the u260 is a class dive but only if the weather is good, the last time i dived it there were two helicopter trips from another crew that were there that day, thankfully no loss of life but it is a very dangerous dive if not prepared, we used a guy from union hall to bring us out and i would highly recommend him, very in tune with the area and knows the location of every wreck around the area and also the circumstances of its demise. its been a few years since i have dived that area but hope to get back there this year, all going well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭smcmullan

Scuba.ie wrote:
    I've booked the hard boat for a weekend in July with some mates so will check it out then. Hopefully we'll have good enough weather for the U260...

I'll be down there July 21/22. When is your weekend Eoin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Scuba.ie

Hi Steve, we're booked in for July 7th and 8th. Fancy doing Baltimore twice in one month???

Advertisement