Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student renting seeks broadband

Options
  • 08-05-2007 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi all,

Just looking for your advice. I am a research student with about 12 months still to run. I live in rented accommodation in Limerick city and will be at this address for the next 12 months or so. I am looking to get broadband in. There is a phoneline in the house but it is not working i.e. we do not use the phone etc but it is wired for it. However there is only one connection downstairs and I want the broadband in my room. What are my best options?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Digiweb Metro is solid. Wireless broadband.

6 month contract afaik?

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

if you want to try wireless options without an external antennae ( usually the case with rented accomodation ) you can try the HSDPA options from vodafone or 3.

If you dont have a PCMCIA slot, then with 3 you can use the datacard in a 3G Router.

With Vodafone, i believe they now do a PCExpress option as well, not sure, if not, you can get their USB Modem setup anyway

Or you could go the distance and get the phoneline reconnected ( free at the moment provided no line work is required, including extending or moving the existing telephone point, just leave it where it is ) and hooking up a wireless router ( free from eircom at the moment )

Advertisement