Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony Ericsson M600i???

• 08-05-2007 12:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭

Anyone used the Sony Ericsson M600i?
    looks a gorgeous phone and reviews on cnet seems good.
    its on komplett for 300 atm - seems to be a unique looking phone which is always good.
    any comments welcomed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

It is pretty good from what I hear, and while there were some speed issues with the phone at first, these have been mostly dealt with by the latest firmware.

Myself, I decided to get the Nokia E61 over the M600i, which I had also considered, because it's on an Irish network, and runs the series 60 flavour of Symbian, for which there are more applications.

Ive had the M600i since November and it is a very good phone.
    The screen is amzing, fantastic quality and resolution, great for the occasional ovie on the train etc. Sound(mp3/calls etc.) quality is great. The keyboard and touch screen set up takes a bit of getting used to if you havent used something like it before but is very effective when familiarise yourself with it. The battery will need to be charged every day if you are using it heavily, the screen is a battery muncher. It was prone to crashing when I got it, but the firmware upgrade from SE sorted this and its been perfect since. Its a very well put together phone with a nice solid feel to it
    The only thngs I dont like are the lack of a camera/radio/wi-fi, all of which are present in the P990. Other than that its a great phone and I'd reccomend it to anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭butts

Just got mine delivered today from Komplett (they seemed to be the cheapest). Agree with what nialler24 had to say about the phone from my first impressions of it. You should note that outside in the sunlight the screen isn't that much better than the one on the PSP (even with brightness at 100%). With regard to battery life, they say that keeping 3g off when not using it helps alot. I've played about with it for a good few hours including updating the firmware and I certainly won't need to be recharging it tonight. Size wise its great - when it's in my trouser pocket I wouldn't even know its there and for that reason along with the qwerty keyboard is why I went for this particular smart phone.

The following are the most useful forums I have found for the M600i:

http://my-symbian.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=31

http://www.esato.com/board/viewforum.php?forum=35

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

im loving mine, after the initial teething problems all is great.

gotta love the smart phones

As much as I love mine, Ive just seen the new Sony Ericsson P1i. Its a P990 crossed with a K800 and an M600, I have to have it,wont be out till the end of the year though and will probably cost an arm and a leg but looks worth it. I was going to upgrade to P990 but I think I'll be getting this instead. I dont have the link but its on the irish SE website, worth a look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

jones wrote:
    Anyone used the Sony Ericsson M600i?
    looks a gorgeous phone and reviews on cnet seems good.
    its on komplett for 300 atm - seems to be a unique looking phone which is always good.
    any comments welcomed.

Pricing for the p990 has sunk to around the €400 mark. For the extra hundred you get the camera, vido calls and wifi. Worth considering also. May also get cheaper as a result of the p1i coming out.

Advertisement