Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone started studying yet?

Options
  • 08-05-2007 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

With just under 1 month to go (-2 days) until English Paper 1, have people started into their studies yet?

I'm just launching into mine, lots of Biology, Geography and Physics to cover. Also French and Maths..

So have you started yet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭snapjiggyfluff

Yeah, started on Sunday. Made out a list of absolutely everything I have to cover in every subject. Kinda scared myself and then got stuck into it. 6 hours sunday, 6 hours yesterday. Stayed at home today, done 2 hours, I''l do another 2 hours at 2.30. German grind from 5-6 and then 7-9. That'll be 7 hours, seems like a lot but I still hav a lot to do!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 doria gray

I did 8 hours saturday, 5 hours sunday and 6 hours yesterday. just got home from school and im pretty exhausted:( have to work from now until twelve. grrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

I've been studying for the last couple of weeks at this stage. Though it has taken a step up this week...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

doria gray wrote:
    I did 8 hours saturday, 5 hours sunday and 6 hours yesterday. just got home from school and im pretty exhausted:( have to work from now until twelve. grrr

Know what happens when you run a car in a low gear at high speed? Its bad for the engine, very bad for the engine. Same applies to that study routine and your body. You are gonna burn out by the time June 6th rolls on.

As for the OP's question......the night before will do fine! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Study til 12? That's a bit mad. I haven't been in school since last Tuesday (sick not mitching!) and got a few things covered, its hard to study when you're not well though, I'm completely worn out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

doria gray wrote:

Twelve, really?? Wow, you must be exhausted. I can generally do until ten - eleven when I'm feeling very alert, but anything after that and I can feel my eyes shutting. You need really high points??
    I started studying a few weeks ago, and I did really intensive study leading up to the mocks. I'd be screwed if I started any later. I think most people would have started doing something now, no?

Poor Rozabeez, get well soon ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

What the hell?I made this EXACT same topic yesterday and it has no replies!And yet this one has 6+?Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Your thread title was too long. : )

What the hell?I made this EXACT same topic yesterday and it has no replies!And yet this one has 6+?Madness.

¬_¬ spammer n00b !

Nah I dunno, just didn't read yours, you asked too many questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Ive been doing bits and pieces with no consistency over the past few weeks but it is this week where it will be full steam ahead from here on in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Sick of making notes, getting stuck into cramming, exam papers, memorising old notes etc...I refuse to burn myself out, I don't ever go past half 9 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

A few things are running through my head at the moment,

1) I have a glut of exams until the first Tuesday and then a 6 day gap until my last exam the following Monday which is Physics, my question is, what would people think of leaving Physics cram time for those 5 days:D ??

2) How the hell do i study French? the comprehensions can just be so random, how can one prepare for them? And the written questions can be random too! ( i hate French!!)

Biology, Geography, English is straightforward.

Maths is going to be difficult but i feel i am coming on, i will be hitting the proofs in the coming days before tackling Differentiation and Integration.

I'm leaving Physics for a 5 day cramming session as it's my weakest subject by far. The points I get off it probably won't do me any good and I only scraped a pass in ordinary physics in my mocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

1) I have a glut of exams until the first Tuesday and then a 6 day gap until my last exam the following Monday which is Physics, my question is, what would people think of leaving Physics cram time for those 5 days:D ??
    It can easily be done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Time means nothing when it comes to study. Quality & Quantity is all that matters. I started at the beginning of march, but will really be getting into gear tomorrow, the 4 week mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭adamcp

2) How the hell do i study French? the comprehensions can just be so random, how can one prepare for them? And the written questions can be random too! ( i hate French!!)

Biology, Geography, English is straightforward.

Maths is going to be difficult but i feel i am coming on, i will be hitting the proofs in the coming days before tackling Differentiation and Integration.
    Yeah in the same boat with Chemistry, bot Biology and then like a week or so until Chemistry. I'm going over some chemistry around now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

Yep, I've a week between Bio and Latin. If I concentrate in Latin class atm, the course can be easily revised in a week.

That always annoys me too. I said this somewhere before but just answer them in basic French. Try and learn off some handy phrases and see if you can stick them in somewhere? that might work. Other than that, just keep learning words and phrases!

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

I've 4 and a half days between my 2nd last exam (German) and last exam (Economics).Of course that 4 day gap would have to be before the only ****ing exam that barely requires any study on my part.Not only is it the easiest and the smallest subject i'm doing for the leaving, its also the one i'm best at.Hell I could do the exam now without any real preparation whatsoever and get a B3 easily.Whoever desgned the Leaving Cert timetable needs to be shot (business and history on the same day.....What the **** is that about it?!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

I started studying.....sometime in a distant future.
    I will really plough into it from here on in.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

Yeah, the timetable is messed...I have all my done by the first 6 days...if you did home ec biology and geography you'd be finished by the tuesday!!Im dreading that week, i just phisically won't be up for cramming the night before...maybe some early morning sessions instead! :)And none of my friends are finished with me..Ill be celebrating on my own!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Yeah, finished June 13th..hist, bio, geog. Geog, bio and home ec is an impossible combination here..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Yeah, finished June 13th..hist, bio, geog. Geog, bio and home ec is an impossible combination here..

Ouch finished exactly 7 days after you, sure you know your guna do well cat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Assez Bien

I'v wished lately i could study more than i'v ever wished i would win d lotto its jus not in me i'v a memory span of 8 secs, i live in a built up area wher der r kids out playin all evenin, screamin etc so dat jus breaks my concentration 2!! Ah i feel lik cryin....n d late nites studyin is doin nothin 4 my beauty!! ha ha ........ne ideas on how 2 control concentration n actually remember d stuf ur studyin?!:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

Assez Bien wrote:
    I'v wished lately i could study more than i'v ever wished i would win d lotto its jus not in me i'v a memory span of 8 secs, i live in a built up area wher der r kids out playin all evenin, screamin etc so dat jus breaks my concentration 2!! Ah i feel lik cryin....n d late nites studyin is doin nothin 4 my beauty!! ha ha ........ne ideas on how 2 control concentration n actually remember d stuf ur studyin?!:confused::confused:

Well you live in preggy park like! :D;):p

Anyway if its bothering ya that much ya can come out to my house, ta se amuigh faoin tuath.

For the rest of you, just don't bother studying, you can like do the leaving cert 5/6 times if ya want. You'll only push up the points if you do.

cson wrote:
    Well you live in preggy park like! :D;):p

Anyway if its bothering ya that much ya can come out to my house, ta se amuigh faoin tuath.

For the rest of you, just don't bother studying, you can like do the leaving cert 5/6 times if ya want. You'll only push up the points if you do.
    Haha. Living in culchieland has its advantages I suppose...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Agri_trust

Im going to start properly today. Im going to write all my English notes today. I'm only going to learn four poets and thats Plath, Bishop , Kavanagh and Frost. Im going to write four personal response essays about their poetry, learn them off and then twist them to what ever way I need to in June. Going to write one general theme/issue essay and one cultural context essay for the comparative and Ive yet to figure out what I'm going to do with Macbeth. All I can think about in English is structure.. haha...

Economics, is a week after all my other exams.. Might just give it all a quick read and then cram like a fecker when Im finished everything else.

Pass French.. Eh not worth bothering with, get a B with no study no bother.

History.. Lord save us... Going to learn the case studys into the ground. With all of Germany and the last section of the dictator ship book. Irish History learn the treaty and civil war and independence off to a song with the whole of the last section and most of Fianna Fail , Cummna na Gealheal. In that nations state book going to learn the last two sections and all of Bismarck and Wilhelm. My dream History exam would be Nazi Propaganda, Setting up a new irish state and medical and scientific advances 1871 to 1920 . With the lock out coming up on the documents.

Maths... Just hoping for a pass, worst teacher in school or maybe the country only two people passed the mocks. Only one person in the class not getting grinds. Hmmm maybe i should study a lot of that.. meh...

Art.. Grand..

Irish.. haha I couldnt give a **** about the poems..

Assez Bien wrote:

Any libraries nearby? even college ones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 doria gray

I need 475* at least to get my course, Is anyone starting to get very irritable if they dont have a book in front of them? I know my timetable is pretty harsh but i figure il sleep when im dead. Ive got to give it my best shot.:o Im worried about.. well pretty much everything except business studies.

I'm finding it hard to study because its not a habit I'm used to, but lately I have been getting stuff done. I'm still very relaxed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

Rozabeez wrote:
    I'm still very relaxed.

Me too...and its scaary!

Advertisement