Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone started studying yet?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭shazzyshaz

im finished tues 13th!!!
    Alot of exams crammed into one week!

doria gray wrote:
    I need 475* at least to get my course, Is anyone starting to get very irritable if they dont have a book in front of them? I know my timetable is pretty harsh but i figure il sleep when im dead. Ive got to give it my best shot.:o Im worried about.. well pretty much everything except business studies.

doria,,,in the exact same boat!!re: business and 475*. im more worried about english and geog i think! not worried about hmec as i enjoy it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

Assez Bien wrote:
    I'v wished lately i could study more than i'v ever wished i would win d lotto its jus not in me i'v a memory span of 8 secs, i live in a built up area wher der r kids out playin all evenin, screamin etc so dat jus breaks my concentration 2!! Ah i feel lik cryin....n d late nites studyin is doin nothin 4 my beauty!! ha ha ........ne ideas on how 2 control concentration n actually remember d stuf ur studyin?!:confused::confused:

Stop crying, sympathy while it's great to get will not get you anywhere. How about school study? Libraries? Or... if kids playing is a noise problem, use ear plugs maybe? Surely there is somewhere you can go with more privacy? The other thing is, you may adapt to the noise, and start not to notice it. I go crazy if there's any noise, but my two brothers aren't affected at all... Two other things, one... If late nights are the only time you can study properly, then use them.... You could always study during school in the day when there will probably be less noise outside?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

md99 wrote:
    Stop crying, sympathy while it's great to get will not get you anywhere. How about school study? Libraries? Or... if kids playing is a noise problem, use ear plugs maybe? Surely there is somewhere you can go with more privacy? The other thing is, you may adapt to the noise, and start not to notice it. I go crazy if there's any noise, but my two brothers aren't affected at all... Two other things, one... If late nights are the only time you can study properly, then use them.... You could always study during school in the day when there will probably be less noise outside?

I love the way we all get narky(myself included) at around this time of sixth year.;)

yeah i use earplugs ASSEZBIEN- at home at the weekend as kids live nearme also!quite alot of them
    and the new trend in school seems to be earplugs also-not cos its noisy as such.

dan719-completely agree...im in such a mood and gone reaaaaly quiet for the last couple of weeks and will be till the exams are over!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

Lads you really should go and live where she lives before you pass judgement. And our library doubles up as the town creche so its not much use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Haha. Living in culchieland has its advantages I suppose...

Not when there's bloody cows in surrounding fields, that won't STFU

OT, pissed cause I'm the only one doing App. Maths in the year, which means I finish on my owny own - methink'ing about going out getting "fackin-mouldy" after physics - still debating it though.(3 days in-between iirc)

take a break from the stress zorbatehz...........go cow tipping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Assez Bien

cson wrote:
    Lads you really should go and live where she lives before you pass judgement. And our library doubles up as the town creche so its not much use.

Shush u will ya you'd swear i lived in d ghetto r somewher!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

shazzyshaz wrote:
    take a break from the stress zorbatehz...........go cow tipping.

But...but then his shoes won't be shiny any more!

• Advertisement

Rozabeez wrote:
    But...but then his shoes won't be shiny any more!
    who needs shiny shoes jus now!! theyre always under a desk!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Shaner-B

anyone else think that now the courses are long finished that we're better off staying at home 2 study?? 4 sum reason i feel i get more done at home when i can focus on d same subject 4 a couple of hours rather than 40min classes of each subject in school!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

Each to their own I guess.

Some people won't do anything at home hence school is the better option, others will work very well at home. I'd suggest if your having any problems in any areas to go into school and get the teacher to help you in that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Yeah, finished June 13th..hist, bio, geog. Geog, bio and home ec is an impossible combination here..
    Our maths teacher claims that everyone should chose their subjects based on the LC timetable so they dont have all exams on successive days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 doria gray

Agree totally with Shaner-B, i get much more done at home, at the moment in school there is fundays and sports day and end of year partys, i just cant sit still and enjoy myself when the lc is looming in the background. I come home from a day of wandering zombie-like and fearful from repetitive class to class, come home exhausted and just want to sleep. I can get a really full days work done in the comfort of my own home... and i get a break to watch oprah... what could be any better:rolleyes:

Advertisement