Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League Cup 8/5/2007

• 08-05-2007 1:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,956 ✭✭✭✭

Derry City v Galway United Brandywell Stadium 7.45 pm Home
    Cobh Ramblers v Waterford United St. Colman's Park 7.45 pm Home
    Athlone Town v Kilkenny City Lissywoollen 7.30 pm Home
    Drogheda United v Shamrock Rovers United Park 7.45 pm Home
    Shelbourne v Bohemians Tolka Park 8.00 pm Away

Hopefully a decent crowd in Tolka tonight. No doubt Bohs fans will be hoping to see us get hammered, but they did go out to a First Division side in the Cup last year, maybe in League cup this year.

Tbh though, I seriously doubt it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Derry 1 up
    Rovers 2 up vs Drogs u12s (they were 4-1 till yesterday, feel dirty for betting on rovers will wash with money later)

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Results

Monday May 7th

Finn Harps 3 Sligo Rovers
    Kerry League 1 Cork City 1 AET (Cork City won on penalties)
    St. Patrick's Athletic 0 UCD 1

Tuesday May 8th

Athlone Town 1 Kilkenny City 1 AET (Athlone Town won on penalties)
    Cobh Ramblers 2 Waterford United 1
    Derry City 2 Galway United 1
    Drogheda United 0 Shamrock Rovers 3
    Shelbourne 0 Bohemians 2

Deserved win for Bohs at Tolka tonight. Shels were great for the first 25 minutes but after that we lost composure and purpose and it was Bohs' game for the taking. Glen Crowe just had to score twice which were ridiculously soft goals to give away on Shels' part. Bohs were the better side but still didn't impress me, I can't see the Bohs megastars making top 4 in the premier... Fenn and Mansaram in particular look poor. Refereeing was again shocking, Niall O'Reilly was sent into an ambulance after a wild challenge by Kelly which the little pr!ck got the harsh punishment of a...... free kick :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,956 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Stokes disgraced himself again tonight as he let Bohs off time and time again as they kicked and elbowed their way to a marginally deserved victory.

Shels played their hearts out, but it just wasn't enough. I thought Leech had a fantastic game up front as did Brophy at the back and O'Dowd in goal.

If that's the best Bohs can do against a team made up of players earning €45 a week, they haven't a hope in hell of making Europe or the Setanta.

Very disappointed with the size of the crowd and surprised to see so many Bohs fans leave early as they were winning. :confused: I can only assume they were disgusted with their team's performance....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

it was actually the drogs under 17 team that played with 2 of the u21 squad played some nice football but the full backs were just too small it really was men against boys. the lads can be very proud of themselves. The 3 goals were 3 headers and drogheda had some good chances themselves. Was talking to John Gill after the match and he said that drogheda team would beat half the teams in division 1 and should be proud of themselves:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Zebra3 wrote:
    Very disappointed with the size of the crowd and surprised to see so many Bohs fans leave early as they were winning. :confused: I can only assume they were disgusted with their team's performance....

We were going to be held back, and no-one fancied that. So the gardaí and stewards let everyone stream out during the last 10 minutes, and then when the final whistle went, closed the gates. Priceless.

• Advertisement
Advertisement