Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT part time - strict on attendance?

Options
  • 08-05-2007 1:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

I'm half thinking of starting a part time course in DIT next year, it is two nights a week at 6-10pm. In all likelihood unless I change jobs I'd probably miss the first hour of each night more often than not. I'm just wondering how strict they are on attendance, mainly arriving late.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

While I can't speak for DIT, I lecture evening classes from 6-10pm and would have no problem with people arriving late. In fact, most classes don't really start until around 6:15pm, by the time everyone gets in and gets settled.

You will find that lecturing staff generally are more sympathetic to part-time students. Well, I certainly am :)

The best thing to do is attend one of their open evenings and get talking to some of the staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭VroomVroom

It's not a problem in DIT (in my experience anyway). I have regularly been late or not made it to classes at all. As with all part-time courses, the lecturers generally understand that people have full-time jobs and other responsibilities outside of college which full-time students might not have.

You'll generally find that the classes scheduled until 10pm are usually finished between 9:15-9:30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

i went to DIT full time for 4 years and missed lots of lectures.

I can't imagine its too strict on part timers if full timers can get away with it.

S

Advertisement