Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Report: Crime in Barcelona

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Affable

Maximilian wrote: »
    I'm just back from Barcelona and let me give you this tip: Leave your wallet in a safe and just bring whatever cash you need. Keep your hands in your pockets.

Out of my group of 10, 3 of us got are wallets pickpocketed. One guy had his passport stolen, another found his jacket pocket had been slashed with a knife but they didn't get his wallet. Spoke to some people at the airport, and out of their wedding party of 60, 10 had theirs nicked.

When my friend went to the police station to report his passposrt, he was told to come back the next day, as due to the amount of people reporting their own stolen, he would be waiting for hours.

As far as I can tell, crime is out of control in that city. Particularly in the Ramblas area. The cops just don't seem to care.

Out of curiosity, what are other people's experiences?

My Dad got robbed down on the ramblas. One guy distracted on one side, the other nicked the wallet the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Just back from 9 days there on Saturday. Amazing time and no problems to report.
    The scumbags are very obvious once you have your wits about you.
    Just be careful of the prostitutes if you are male and away from your group once the niteclubs finish.
    They were heading my direction and that was after I told them not interested ..thankfully I was with my misses so once they say her they headed away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭Mini

hi all,

I was in Barcelona in November 2008 - i have to say that i wasn't effected by crime but you would defintely need to keep your wits about you.

Mostly like you would in any other city in Europe - but I would defintely recommend Barcelona as a holiday destination to people.

Advertisement