Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KOTOR 3 - Oh Ye!

Options
  • 08-05-2007 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

1st off sorry im in work so no link but i have it saved at home.
    Its not official though :(. Sounds very plausible though and has detail on why/when and it does make sense. ill give you the short now and the link when i get home.

Because of mass effect kotor3 has been kept 100% in the dark because they in no way want to effect the media hype around mass effect. One mass effect comes out the kotor3 media hype will begin and it is using the mass effect game engine (if you haven’t seen it yet there should be a link in my sig well worth taking a look)

Work on the official kotor3 site has also begun

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

If you're making this up I'll hunt you down and beat you to death with my limited edition Episode 6 lightsaber. I'll even take it out of it's wrapper, that's how serious I am!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

was so happy when i found the news stroy (dated 27th April) i will put the link here and pm it to you later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Bioware's next game after Mass Effect is Dragon Age, and after that is an untitled PS3 game which I think they said was new IP.

Maybe they'll be passing the Mass Effect engine on to other devs like they did for KOTOR2 but I don't think they'll be doing it themselves, they made a strong statement of wanting to do nothing but their own IP(ie. not owned by Lucas Arts) in future a while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Bioware are doing an MMO aswell, the rumour was that that MMO was going to be a KOTOR one (SOE lost the Star Wars licence). I would be very surprised if Bioware do another "normal" KOTOR though, they're more interested in new IPs as stevie said, they'd be more likely to let another dev handle it (if it isn't the MMO they're doing).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

koneko wrote:
    SOE lost the Star Wars licence
    I wonder why :rolleyes:

And i hope they make a decent single player game. Kotor was great, but Kotor2 was totally broken, and really didnt make any sense. I'd prefer i good, dark single player game to an MMO.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,456 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Everytime the bi-monthly KOTOR 3 rumour thread pops up I get momentarily excited.
    But alas it is never to be.
    I really must play the first one one of these days :o I am only the proud owner of the supposedly sub-par Part II. If that's sub par, first one must kick Sith ass.

http://www.xbox360rally.com/kotor-3-in-development-schwing/

theres the link as i said its not official but it does sound quite plausible

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Duras

Spreading rumours are you? Giving people false hopes eh? What sort of way of having fun is that, I don't get it.... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

ahh feck made a mess in my pants for nutten :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Kiith wrote:
    but Kotor2 was totally broken, and really didnt make any sense.

Yes it did, perhaps you're not smart enough? :D

The ending was a little rushed, but the main storyline was consistent.
    Your character, through a traumatic event, severed himself from the force completely and became a spot in the universe where there was no force. Kreia wanted to make you as powerful as possible and use you to destroy the force altogether, cos she hates it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Zillah wrote:
    Your character, through a traumatic event, severed himself from the force completely and became a spot in the universe where there was no force. Kreia wanted to make you as powerful as possible and use you to destroy the force altogether, cos she hates it.

Ok, i guess i'm not smart enough...i dont even remember that happening?
    Was that at the end, or is that why 'i' had been removed from the Jedi Order at the start? I though it ended with my character flying off to find Revan again?

What i didnt like about the story, was the all-powerful enemy (with the cool mask) that could annihilate entire worlds with a single thought, and could defeat me any time he wanted....yet i kicked his ass in about a minute. :rolleyes:

And compared to the first one, the story was quite broken.

I did enjoy it though, maybe too much...since after completing it, and getting really drunk during rag week a few days later, i actually thought i had to go and meet the Jedi at the landing pad on the way home from the nightclub. My, then, girlfriend wasnt impressed :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

To be honest I thought the scond KOTOR was a shambles compared to the first one.
    Did anyone in the first game and go the spacebar on taris and dance with the twwiek and dance badly on purpose so that she wouldn't get her job:D :D .
    Man I was an evil sith bastard:D

I actually liked the second one because of the increased focus on relations within your party, and the ability to bring out other part member's skills.

However, I never completed it because it was a horribly horribly broken game and crashed to desktop more times than I could count. Anyone know if it's been patched up to something stable actually? I might have another play through some time.

I don’t remember it crashing oh wait im getting a very vague recollection but I think that was because my pc was in bits at the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

I don't know about the p.c game but even the xbox version was very buggy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

yeay!!!great news!!!:D

but,wait...if this is another fake rumour...:cool: you will die in pieces under our force power...:p (mod,ban him for at least 1 hour!!)

Kiith wrote:
    Ok, i guess i'm not smart enough...i dont even remember that happening?
    Was that at the end, or is that why 'i' had been removed from the Jedi Order at the start? I though it ended with my character flying off to find Revan again?
    Thats what Kreia wanted you for, I didn't say she succeeded. Either way, the implication is that your very existence is likely to cause it eventually. She wanted to make you as strong as possible, hence battling her was the final test; if you couldn't beat her then it was all a waste.

And you were cast out of the Order because you charged off to war against their wishes and never admitted you were wrong.
    What i didnt like about the story, was the all-powerful enemy (with the cool mask) that could annihilate entire worlds with a single thought, and could defeat me any time he wanted....yet i kicked his ass in about a minute. :rolleyes:
    These spoiler tags are getting very annoying. The idea with Darth Nihilus was that he tried to feed from you, which messed him up really bad because you're just a black hole in the force, thats how you beat him. Otherwise he would have justs sucked your soul out, like he did all the other Jedi.

You really need to push for details from the cast to get the whole story.
    I did enjoy it though, maybe too much...since after completing it, and getting really drunk during rag week a few days later, i actually thought i had to go and meet the Jedi at the landing pad on the way home from the nightclub. My, then, girlfriend wasnt impressed :o

Rofl :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have KOTOR2 there beside the Xbox for the last 2 years and not played it, don't know why, I loved the first one and played it til the we hours of the morning for ages until I had beaten it, now, form your reports, I needn't bother, ho hum.....
    Perhaps a Fable style adventure would be a good way forward, hmmm, a decent light saber dueling game on the Wii would be ideal.

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    I loved the first one and played it til the we hours of the morning for ages until I had beaten it, now, form your reports, I needn't bother, ho hum.....

1 - Play it! Ignore their rambling whines! Its a very good game. Patch and you won't notice anything wrong until the very last few scenes.

2 - Completely off topic: I hate when people refer to "beating" a game, as if the developers were trying to stop you completing it or something. Its not a competition.

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    I have KOTOR2 there beside the Xbox for the last 2 years and not played it, don't know why, I loved the first one and played it til the we hours of the morning for ages until I had beaten it, now, form your reports, I needn't bother, ho hum.....
    Perhaps a Fable style adventure would be a good way forward, hmmm, a decent light saber dueling game on the Wii would be ideal.

I think it's more a case of it not quite living up to the first one, rather than being a bad game. Personally, I loved it, though like I said I never got to complete it because the PC version kept crashing on me :mad:

Would definitely recommend it ahead of Fable though. Or try and get yourself a hold of Planescape: Torment if you've never played it - it's a completely different setting to KOTOR but it's probably the closest game to it I've played in terms of gameplay choices and dialogue. It uses the Baldur's Gate engine but far superior to it IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 CalmHorizons

Just in relation to all the debate about the implications of the ending for KOTOR 2. Something most people have definately come to agree upon is that it was not all it should have been, mainly because Obsidian were forced to tack it on last minute.

If anybody else was particularly galled by this fact, although I'm sure many are already aware of the following link, the restoration project at http://www.team-gizka.org/
    is worth a look.

It's aims are basically to re-institute everything planned by Obsidian that became a loose end due to time constraints. Like the HK factory.

Anyways, worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Eh you put in a dud link. It's just to a "Reply To Thread" link, for this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 CalmHorizons

Thanks humanji, fixed now.

Advertisement