Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

naruto shippuuden

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

I haven't watched it in about two months.
    Same here. I watched the first 4 episodes of Shippuuden. Hated the ridiculously drawn out 'milk it for all it's worth' boring scenes, especially with their "15 minutes of new footage per episode" policy. :rolleyes:

I couldn't believe that this is what I came back to, after deliberately avoiding all of the filler episodes.

What happened to you Naruto?... you used to be cool! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

They're seriously taking the piss with the current 3 fights, how much longer are they planning on dragging them out for?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

tman wrote:
    They're seriously taking the piss with the current 3 fights, how much longer are they planning on dragging them out for?:p

Think theres an hour long special this week, so they're bound to finish up at least 2? Couldn't imagine them finishing the entire arc in one week tho.

Also, in the manga, team Gai's fight got almost no coverage, so i am kinda happy thats getting alot more attention this time. Seriously only got about 2 pages in the manga. But that said, alot of the last 2 eps were sakura and chino staring quietly at Sasori. I really wish they'd choose better scenes to pad out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Think there are about 5 normal length episodes left in the current arc.

Its really being dragged out but i still look forward to it each week so i must still be enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

No episode today?

• Advertisement

Kold wrote:
    No episode today?

double ep, so everything just took a bit longer i guess.

Think theres an hour long special this week, so they're bound to finish up at least 2? Couldn't imagine them finishing the entire arc in one week tho.
    Haha, you'd think so but they somehow managed to barely move any of the fights forward at all. Why the hell are they even going into the back story of Sasori, all anybody wants to see right now is his ass getting kicked!

I'm seriously considering giving up on Naruto altogether, there are so many other quality shows that I could be watching instead of wasting my time on this...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

It really is pretty bad pacing, but I watched all the filler I may as well watch this too.

Considering Bleach is running through some awful filler at the moment I'll have to make do with the dragged out Naruto episodes. I was kind of hoping Sasori would win at first because he looked pretty cool but after
    Sakura destroyed the puppet and we see what he really looks like I just hope they finish him off fast. Load of crap, oh my god he hasn't aged at all!

They guy that makes the c4 bombs is crap too, wish they would just end this arc already.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Question: why do people continue watching a show that annoys them?
    I had this problem with Gundam SEED DESTINY (their caps, not mine) around ep16, where I realised that it was turning into a load of tosh. Around 4 eps later, I stopped altogether & just read anime blogs despairing as the series fell apart.
    But why do people keep watching Naruto/Bleach, even as it continues to drag out fights & do nothing but the same old, same old?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Bleach is enjoyable still, it's just running through filler at the moment, but the main arc is good.

Naruto, I dunno, I should probably just stop watching it. They're two of three ongoing series I'm following so I'll stick with it for now because I'm not really bothered looking for a new series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Bleach seems to be out of filler this week, by the way.

I hadn't watched Naruto in a while, so I watched the last four episodes back to back yesterday... it doesn't seem so bad then.

The last episode of Bleach was pretty sweet, it's great to be out of the filler again anyway...
    Might just stop watching Naruto for a while and let a few episodes build up before I start again... The slow pace just gets frustrating if you have to wait another week or two for the next small part of the story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭KilbarrackBlows

anybody still watching Naruto

im loving it so far

can't wait for Fridays episode

Youtube have stopped showing the episodes so i had to look else where

Stage6.com is great for anime shows.
    And shippuuden is getting anoying its taking so long for like a smigen of story
    its getting tedious but it was worth it to see sakura kick that puppet guys wooden ju pettie ass. (ep 26)

I love the way they stretched the 3 minute antidote out over 2 episodes:p

I keep telling myself that I'll stop watching it, then next week I'm back for my fix like clockwork...

yea lol i was thinking that the whole episode oughh only 3 minets
    10 hours later only 1 minet 30 seconds left... bla bla

also that freaken fight gai sensie's team had with the clones done my head in
    it was so freaking repeditive

also that freaken fight gai sensie's team had with the clones done my head in
    it was so freaking repeditive
    And the animation was utterly atrocious... I wondered if they farmed that bit out or let some work experience kids do it.

tman wrote:
    I love the way they stretched the 3 minute antidote out over 2 episodes:p

I keep telling myself that I'll stop watching it, then next week I'm back for my fix like clockwork...
    How long did it take for the 3rd to die impaled on a sword?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

After picking up Bleach again, and I wonder, 'why did I ever leave it go?'.
    Watched eleven episodes in a row today, going to watch the rest of the episodes then finally move on to the manga.

After picking up Bleach again, and I wonder, 'why did I ever leave it go?'.
    Watched eleven episodes in a row today, going to watch the rest of the episodes then finally move on to the manga.
    Bleach went through a fairly poor filler phase up until around episode 110, where it got great again (for a while at least, then went crap again for 3 weeks, and has gotten good again within the past 2 weeks)

The problem with shows like this that go on indefinitely, is that they will always have to stretch them out with filler at some stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

The Bounto filler arc? Yeah, that's where it got a bit boring.
    Liking this whole Vizard/Arrancar arc much more, glad I decided to pick it up again.

• Advertisement

God the latest naruto episode what a pile of ****e they just stood there sakura and the old talking for 21 minets. zzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

^I can imagine, thats why most sane people dropped it ages ago!

From the end credits i gather the next ep is the 13 of September (none next week), and even then, its going to be mainly about Gai-Sensei's team fight, which hasn't been great so far.

September aint gonna be a great month.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,208 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

saw naruto shippuden 40-41 today

pretty good episode

any body else see it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Zippitydoo

Just watched it there headshot yea- bit drawn out as usual but the animation was superb and it's good to see some nice action again :D Enjoying it immensely despite some frustration I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Meh, I still watch it but the manga is so much better than spending 40 odd minutes watching Naruto sit there glowing orange and doing **** all. :rolleyes:

That's what I thought. 40 mins of telling us exactly what we all know. Whoa! 4 tails is much more powerful than 1 tail!? SIRIOUS!?!?

Can't wait to see if 5 tails is stronger or weaker than 4 tails.

Omg I bet 5 tails is the maximum amount of tails.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

NO WAI! Maybe he'll growl some more too and really scare the **** outta them! :D

Advertisement