Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

C&c 3

• 08-05-2007 2:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Anybody getting this? Gamer TV liked it, and while I'd consider PC to the home of RTS games, my present PC cannot handle it, so was considering a 360 outing.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

I'll be getting it. I loved the series on the PC but I can't be bothered upgrading the PC anymore for games. I realise it's probably better on the PC with the mouse and keyboard but I just don't care enough anymore :). Looking forward to it. Not looking forward to using the joypad with it though.

Is the release date Wednesday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Is the release date Wednesday?
    Friday, I assume. Aren't all new games released on Fridays these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I havent played an RTS game in so long, so I'm definitely buying this. But I wont be able to play it until June (exams and stuff).

Actually downloading the demo now to give myself a taster. The only good thing I can think about the lack of a mouse and KB is that everyone has the same disadvantage so it should be bearable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

I got it, it's good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

My PC can handle this, but I was well impressed with the 360 demo and will be getting it for the 360 instead of the PC for the HDTV loveliness. You get used to the pad quick enough and they really put some good thought into the control interface to make it as efficient as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

It is a bit of crack... should be fun on live. Its on my list of games to get...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

yup definitely getting this. Loved the demo.
    Where is the cheapest place to get it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Brianb8802

Ah crap, just checked play asia and they dont have the pal version. Was really hoping it was pal, cos it was only 35 euro:eek: . That was a crazy price seeing as play.com have it for 62 euro.

Anybody see it cheaper somewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Scruff wrote:
    yup definitely getting this. Loved the demo.
    Where is the cheapest place to get it?

Don't know but just checked Video Games Plus and Play Asia and C&C3 is NOT region free. No Play Asia for me so. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Brianb8802 wrote:
    Ah crap, just checked play asia and they dont have the pal version. Was really hoping it was pal, cos it was only 35 euro:eek: . That was a crazy price seeing as play.com have it for 62 euro.

Anybody see it cheaper somewhere

Damn, you beat me to it! :D

It's a pity alright.

Blah DVD have it for €57.99.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Yep - I'll be definitely getting it.
    I played a lot of the C&C games on the PC, but it's getting too expensive to keep upgrading the PC theses days (especially with wedding coming up!), hence my recent 360 purchase.

Good list of reviews for it here. It gets a combined score of 84%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Blah DVD have it for €57.99.

cdwow have it for €55.99
    play its €61.99

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭jamiemc

we have the game available to play in the centre right now, and we are having a free member event this saturday with 2 copies of the game up for grabs

Jamie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

This out tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

so it would seem that the adapter i bought for my mouse and keyboard is well coming handy now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

The USB ports are there for a reason - you can plug in a mouse and keyboard there. No need to buy expensive adapters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Does the mouse work in game??? I don't/didnt think it did without the adapter..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

crazy, I'd never buy this for the xbox after playing it on PC. But now that I hear u can buy a keyboard and mouse... hmm That would be a HUGE advantage against other gamers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

only a slight advantage imo, the controls once you get used to them are very good the only advantage of keyboard and mouse is that you can jump in right away without having to really learn the controls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

So - anybody get it yet ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

deadl0ck wrote:
    So - anybody get it yet ???
    I'm thinking about getting it later, though I have the dayoff so I shouldn't show my face in work!

I also have an exam tomorrow, but I reckon I'll cave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

yea got it today, €70 it sickens me paying that much for a game but had to have it been addicted to the demo. Just played a game online and wooped some guy dont imagine ill be able to keep that up once I face a few american kids with no lifes.

Got it today. After a couple of hours my observations are.

1: The controls to move around the map are easy.
    2: Grouping units is a bit fiddly. I haven't got that down yet.
    3: On a 32" standard widescreen TV a lot of the writing is too small. I had to move up close to the TV to see what it said. Annoying. I'll have to start saving for a bigger TV. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

3: On a 32" standard widescreen TV a lot of the writing is too small. I had to move up close to the TV to see what it said. Annoying. I'll have to start saving for a bigger TV. :)

No need for a bigger tv just a HD tv or a patch to make it readable

kensutz wrote:
    No need for a bigger tv just a HD tv or a patch to make it readable

Nope. It's an excuse for a bigger TV (HD too) ;) That's what I'm telling the missus anyway. I didn't know there was a patch. My 360 isn't normally networked. I'll do that today.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

I dont get this Cdwow.ie sell C&C3 for 55 euros and Xtravision have the neck to sell it for twenty euros dearer at 74.99 wonder if they are making any money out of selling their xbox 360 games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

The profit is about 30% on games at retail, so the extra is going straight into their pockets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭anto1208

I dont get this Cdwow.ie sell C&C3 for 55 euros and Xtravision have the neck to sell it for twenty euros dearer at 74.99 wonder if they are making any money out of selling their xbox 360 games?

in fairness cd wow dont have shops all over the place full of staff etc , they also pay tax here all that sort of thing , 75 is a lot but thats the RRP on xbox games so they can charge it .

But mainly you dont have to wait a week or two to get the game worth 20 euro on its own

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I picked up mine in Virgin in Croydon at the weekend, £45, which is what about 63 yoyos? Not a whole hell of a lot cheaper, but still.

Gonna crack it open tonight...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I've got a question about unit selection on 360 version.

I've been managing with the controller grand up until now - but I've just played through the Croatia GDI mission, which is really hard until you work out what you need to do and what order to do things in, and then its really easy.

Anyway, this mission requires quite a bit more micromanagement of unit types than previous ones, and I found the controller lacking. Towards the end of the mission I was getting ready to air lift my huge army of predator tanks to the ridge next to the last NOD base, but I found that when I called for transports, I couldn't use the normal left trigger method of selecting all units on screen to select all the transports and have them unload the tanks in the same area. Instead, I had to manually select each individual transport. This took ages and Nod attacked me several times, taking out several sitting-duck transports.

Is there any way to:
    A) Select all units of a particular type
    B) Mass select all transports on screen?

Advertisement