Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noob question regarding Garmin c510 deluxe

Options
  • 08-05-2007 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm new to all of this but just wanted to see if I understand this correctly. Is it possible for me to upload the contour maps available (from one of the stickies) on to the Garmin so that the maps on it are more detailed than the default ones?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Quick answer - Yes (assuming the c510 support uploading custom maps, and you have enough memory, and the website indicates that this is the case).

Will you get more detailed maps? Not really. What you will get is contour lines, and the location and name of mountain and hill peaks. Typically, these will be an overlay over your existing maps (i.e. city Navigator 9), so yes, I guess technically, they are more detailed. But it doesn't include rivers, forests, paths etc, just contour lines and peaks.

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭mossieh

Quick answer - Yes (assuming the c510 support uploading custom maps, and you have enough memory, and the website indicates that this is the case).

Will you get more detailed maps? Not really. What you will get is contour lines, and the location and name of mountain and hill peaks. Typically, these will be an overlay over your existing maps (i.e. city Navigator 9), so yes, I guess technically, they are more detailed. But it doesn't include rivers, forests, paths etc, just contour lines and peaks.

Hope this helps!

cheers Krusty...yeah, more detail is what I was after really, contour lines don't really benefit me...more research is required I think

Advertisement