Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shop refused to sell item

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭vms7ply9t6dw4b

He was just being bitter because you saved yourself a fortune and bought it online! Pathetic :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

ciaranfo wrote:
    .....then you're not entitled to sweet fa.

If you're "not entitled to sweet fa, what are you entitled to ? ;)

Sorry - couldn't resist!

I can kinda see the logic in the theft argument, but it's a fairly moot point considering all of the universal versions that are around.

As for the other reason - where they're afraid that the unit might blow the crap out of something and someone would hold them responsible....that one I can see logic in; a relatively small sale with a chance of being sued ain't a good balance.

Maybe they got burnt (metaphorically speaking) before ?

As for the higher current thingy.....that's a new one on me. I can see how too low a current can burn out a motor or something, but how come too high a current doesn't cause some sort of problem ?

And just for the non-electrechies (especially those who've only got a vague fuzzy recollection of ohms vs amps vs volts, etc) which ones are the must-have-exacts (e.g. polarity) and which ones do you have margin for error on, and (roughly speaking) how much margin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Well it's obvious that a E2 tag would never be accepted on a E2000 tv. But the likes newspaper magazine ads posters. where they mixed the prices of other items? and put 1800 hundred euro on it.
    Well if they are ads not actually in the store it might be different. The ad would probably have to state that they are limited offer and customers need to be there before a certain date/time meaning they went to the effort of going there specifically for the offer. Again it falls back to injustice. Is it unfair that the customer doesn't get the advertised price after he took work off and drove 50 miles to the outlet store? The price probably needs to be realistic as well, 2.99e for a TV is usually a typo

Anyway, most stores sell it at the advertised price for goodwill and to save hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

resistance is futile
    if <1 ohm

Advertisement