Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What game should I make

Options
  • 08-05-2007 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83,282 ✭✭✭✭

I did Asteroids for my end of year project and now I want to do another vector graphic game on the same engine: what do you reccomend?

I was thinking Lunar Lander or Missile command personally but which one would be more rewarding/frustrating :D

open to many more ideas (wiki and flas links very welcome)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Overheal wrote:
    I did Asteroids for my end of year project and now I want to do another vector graphic game on the same engine: what do you reccomend?

I was thinking Lunar Lander or Missile command personally but which one would be more rewarding/frustrating :D

open to many more ideas (wiki and flas links very welcome)

Why not make your own game? Something new that you have thought of? For me, making games is all about creating something new that I would like to play. If ye make a clone chances are nobody but yourself is ever gonna play it.

I don't have any suggestions, but i'de be interested to hear what your motivation is for doing clones, is it strictly for programming education?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭sicruise

Make Harrier Attack!!!

And send it to me when your done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Yeah Missile Command would be fun alright, but probably a bit easy to do. What about Battlezone - get some 3D in there?! Or Tempest, that was a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,282 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

purely for flexing yeah. Damn...If I could make the jump from Asteroids to battlezone that would certainly be something!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Yeah it's a stretch alright, but since it would be wireframe and you wouldn't have to do any rasterization, shading, occlusion culling etc, I don't think it would be overly complicated. A couple of matrix multiplies, some projection onto the screen and a simple line drawing algorithm.. it would definitely get your trigonometry up to scratch! Start with a rotating wireframe cube and go from there.

Advertisement