Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What tests can I do

Options
  • 08-05-2007 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭

I recently got IFA wireless broadband and it just seems to hang some times,

Can someone tell me about some tests I can do to log my difficulties when I'm ringing customer services.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭dbrowne9212

1. record the times it dropped at.
    2. check your IP at these times by typing 'ipconfig' at the DOS prompt
    3. try pinging the router and record results at these times by typing 'ping <gateway address -probably 192.168.1.1 or something like that>'
    4. check you signal strength at these times

*NB if you can ping the router when the conenciton is hanging its probably an ISP issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭eoinok

Hi Yapyap,
    Have you considered that the problem maybe your PC etc rather than IFA broadband etc????

For example, try downloading fromhere.

A lot of the times your PC is, to paraphrase, giving "a bit of jip"

i.e Your pc in the problem with the amount of spyware, trojans etc runing on it to "appear" as if everything is running slow. Even irishisptest is susceptible to this.

A "long consistent" download usually negates the above.

Post say after 3 minutes how many KB's download rate you get on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭yapyap

found out today after 10 phone calls, it's the service provider and supposed to be fixed tomorrow. I couldn't recommend the customer service though, but beggars can't be choosers

Advertisement