Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donal MacAonghusa VSO Charity Event

• 08-05-2007 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭

1. Who is running this tournament, Donal MacAonghusa
    2. The purpose of the event, Charity
    3. Wednesday 23rd May, Westwood Hotel
    4. Reg 7pm, Game 8pm
    5. Any prerequisites, none.
    6. Tickets can be bought on the day, no maximum number of players
    7. NL Hold’em
    8. Buy In €50+€15 (this includes finger food during break)
    9. Rebuys & Top-up €50 (Rebuys for first 2 hours, topup available at the end
    of the rebuy period)
    10. Starting chips 2500, Rebuy chips 2500, Top-up 3000
    11. 20 Min Blinds
    12. Big Screen TV showing the Champions League Final

Blind Structure

25-50
    50-100
    75-150
    100-200
    150-300
    200-400
    Break 20 Min, Chip Up
    300-600
    400-800
    500-1000
    800-1500
    1000-2000
    1000-2000
    1500-3000
    2000-4000
    3000-6000
    4000-8000
    5000-10000
    6000-12000
    7500-15000
    10000-20000

11. Professional Dealers on all Tables
    12. Donal Mac Aonghusa is TD
    13. TD has last say

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Prize pool payout?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭TheDuck32

Charity takes 1/3 of buyins and rebuys
    2/3 goes to prizepool

We estimate at least 100 runners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

give me a shout if you need any help on this one,

i know some people that might give their time

not me personally, you understand, as i am not a nice person

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Hi Manus,

Is Donal heading away doing the charity gig he was talking about a while back?

Yes indeed, Donal is off to foreign shores.

Its time for the poker players of Ireland to dig deep and support one of their own, Donal Mac Aonghusa is leaving our shores and going to The Gambia for a year with the Volunteer Services Overseas (VSO). Donal’s wife, Fionnuala will spend the year teaching childern with special need is this extremely poor African nation.
    I cannot confirm that this is fact yet but one can only assume that while this is going on Donal will endeavour to educate the adult population of the country in the ways of Texas Hold’em, with advance classes for the ones who show promise in pot limit Omaha.
    I for one cannot think of a more noble act for a poker player and I suppose I will have to concede that the endeavour his wife is undertaking is fairly impressive also.

How can I help I hear you cry, well it’s easy. There is a €50 rebuy charity tournament being held in Galway on the 23rd of May in the Westwood Hotel.
    Andy Black will be heading a galaxy of stars that will be attending in order to do their piece and Andy will be holding a Q&A Masterclass during the break.
    The event kicks of at 8pm and they will be showing the Champions League Final on a big screen and have full bar service on the night.

• Advertisement

give me a shout if you need any help on this one,

i know some people that might give their time

not me personally, you understand, as i am not a nice person

Thanks for the generous offer, but if you could just spead the word and strong-arm anyone you know into playing the event, that would be fantastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

done

i will tell loads and see if they will go, Galway is off limits to me personally, (long term ban) but i will get some bodies to go there.

TheDuck32 wrote:
    Yes indeed, Donal is off to foreign shores.

Its time for the poker players of Ireland to dig deep and support one of their own, Donal Mac Aonghusa is leaving our shores and going to The Gambia for a year with the Volunteer Services Overseas (VSO). Donal’s wife, Fionnuala will spend the year teaching childern with special need is this extremely poor African nation.
    I cannot confirm that this is fact yet but one can only assume that while this is going on Donal will endeavour to educate the adult population of the country in the ways of Texas Hold’em, with advance classes for the ones who show promise in pot limit Omaha.
    I for one cannot think of a more noble act for a poker player and I suppose I will have to concede that the endeavour his wife is undertaking is fairly impressive also.

How can I help I hear you cry, well it’s easy. There is a €50 rebuy charity tournament being held in Galway on the 23rd of May in the Westwood Hotel.
    Andy Black will be heading a galaxy of stars that will be attending in order to do their piece and Andy will be holding a Q&A Masterclass during the break.
    The event kicks of at 8pm and they will be showing the Champions League Final on a big screen and have full bar service on the night.

So Donal is taking his family from a county with no clean water to a country with no.........(Sorry bad joke).........

I can organise a tournament in Dublin for the same purposes??? What you think Manus? I'm sure we would get a lot of the old Red Cow and Gresham crowd out to support the madser.

If any David's are interested please post here.....

Duke and the Jackpot are always up for hosting charity events, I'm sure they'll host it :).

I think its a brilliant idea Stephen. Every little helps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭PokerEvents-Ste

For those of you who cannot make the fundraising tournament for Donal and his family and may wish to make a contribution you can do so online
    www.mycharity.ie/event/fionnualamaca/

Donal best of luck with your voluntary work. It will be a great experience for you and the family and of course the people you work with

Stephen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

I'm up for this and I'll spread the word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

but you'll be in the UK you fibber!
    oh, and bump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

Indeed Des I will not now be able to make it. But hope that lots of people can. Should be a very good night.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

For obvious reasons I wont be able to be there but we'll see if we can't do something in Drogheda. At the very least I will donate on the website.

Good luck Donal and family.

DeV.

Advertisement