Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgently Needed - Driver Disk For Thomson DHG 520 . . .

Options
  • 08-05-2007 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭

Folks,

I need the Thomson DHG 520 cable modem driver a.s.a.p. as I have
    problem with my Digiweb reception.

Having this enables one to use the USB port on the modem to check if the cause of the trouble is the Ethernet port or the PC itself . . .

Anyone in the Limerick area have the original driver disk ?
    Can I borrow it ?

If so please call me on 086 34 68 924 .

Regards,

Tak.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Don't use the USB!

Connect the PC with ONLY the TCP/IP ticked in the aadaptor card and DHCP (Automatic IP address, automatic DNS) selected in TCP/IP properties.

Re-power the modem

Check the modem status web page http://192.168.100.1

On PC Start Run services.msc and make sure DHCP client is Automatic and running.

on Start Run cmd
    type ipconfig

if not a real IP, try ipconfig /renew

If ethernet is not working on your PC (for what ever reason) then USB is less likely to work.

Avoid EVER installing USB driver for ANYTHING with an ethernet port if you have ethernet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭tak

Disk for modem driver obtained.

Not the driver fault.

Found that a new Ethernet card got everything going again, after the usual disable + enable routine and removing power and dat connections for 15 secs.

Watty - I appreciate your concern but whatever harm you fear with the Thomson running from the USB port did no harm to my PC or modem at all.
    It was Digiweb's own idea - to see if the old modem itself was dead.

Anyhow all is well now, web & (most importantly) VoIP.

Tak.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I just thought a waste of time. If the modem does not work, it won't work on USB either.

Advertisement