Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoothie Recipes

Options
  • 08-05-2007 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Does anyone have any smoothie recipes? or any links to good sites.
    I've started making them and they end up a bit thick I find.

Any advice appreciated oh wise ones!!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Well, I never had a recipe, but here's the general ingredients that I use:
    (Makes enough for two or three people):
    • 2 x Apples, peeled and cored
    • 1 x pear - peeled and cored
    • Handful of grapes
    • 1 x Banana (this will thicken, and smoothen the mixture, so add more if needed).
    • A couple of tablespoons of frozen berries - dead handy - will chill the smoothy, give it a lovely color, and taste great.
    • Then I try to pick some other fruit based on what I have, like a mango, or some pineapple (tinned is fine).
    • Finally, I half-fill the jug with apple juice and whizz (er, I mean whirr).
    • When it's reached a suitable consistency, I add ice, and re-whirr..

Eat/drink it pretty quickly, they don't generally keep for too long..

Here's some recipes, that I have never actually referred to, but you might be more adventurous:
    http://www.blendtec.com/recipes.aspx?maincatagory=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

I just bung in whatever fruit we have in the house and thin it out with some pineapple juice. Kiwis are good for not making it go too thick.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Mango & Passionfruit:

About 150 mls REAL apple juice (don't use concentrate, it tastes like crap. If you don't have a juicer, the next best thing is Copella apple juice)
    About 25mls REAL orange juice (as above, I use Tropicana for this)
    Half a banana
    A mango, peeled and sliced.
    The pulp of a passionfruit (strain it over the blender with a sieve, it's the easiest way).

Put all in blender, whizz around for a bit, drink.

The apple juice, orange juice and banana parts are a staple for all smoothies really.

Alternatively, get summer fruits or something, throw a handful or two into the blender, tip in some yoghurt (natural or whatever you like), a bit of milk to thin it out, and some honey to sweeten. Blend, drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭flossie

Banana, frozen berries, dash of OJ. Nothing else, it's easy peasy!

I tried this recipe the other day, strictly not a smoothie, but was yum:
    200ml milk
    handful raspberries or strawberries or frozen fruit
    tablespoon yoghurt
    banana
    tablespoon honey
    couple of ice cubes (if you want an extra chill)

Just bung everyting in the blender and give it a whizz. Was really filling and made a great breakfast:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

Milk
    Banana
    Honey
    Egg
    Oats
    Linseeds

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭cacio

i always make the same one. strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, oj and natual frozen youghurt. yum
    i love the smoothies from juice junction though and no matter how hard i try i cant make them the same. i think it's because they use frozen berries. i've looked for these but cant finad any. anyone know where to get them? i'm in galway. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Dr.TV

Can anyone help me, im trying to find some smothie software, where i can input what fruits i have available at home at the moment and for the program to obang out a nice smoothie recipe. i dont want to just bang in any fruits, as there are some fruits that taste great when mixed.

my favourite recipe so far is
    pinapple
    banana
    yogurt
    orange juice

this taste lovely. you can change the pinapple for any fruit and ou will get a nice smoothie.
    Many thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Lexus1976

One Kiwi
    Green and White Grapes
    Orange Juice
    Ice

So refreshing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

On a related note. I want to try and make my own smoothies.
    There's one I really like in a juice bar that I go to.
    The one thing i'm not sure about is the yoghurt! It appears to be frozen which would explain why its cold. What type of yoghurt should i be looking for?
    The other ingrediants are Strawberries, Banana and honey I think.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dr. gonzo

The Full Irish Smoothie

Rasher
    Sausage
    Black & White Pudding
    2 Eggs
    Tea

Nice!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I make my smoothies with Danone cereal yoghurt. i use the Vanilla flavour and the cereal parts add a nice bit of fibre to the smoothie. You could also add your own muesli to make a breakfast smoothie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Just got a blender at the weekend and been experimenting. Its the best way, although I admit its tricky getting constituency right. One concoction I found to be quite good was

banana
    mango
    spoon of honey
    milk

Going to try adding some vanilla essence (or perhaps a pod if I'm feeling flush) next.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Strawberries
    Raspberries
    Mango
    Orange Juice
    Yoghurt, delicious.....

My mate works for a frozen food company so I get about 8 2.5kg bags of fruit for 25euro, he had no yoghurt this months as I normally get a 5 litre tub from him.
    Does anybody know where you can buy frozen yoghurt in a big tub.
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

sham69 wrote:
    Does anybody know where you can buy frozen yoghurt in a big tub.

What he said!!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

i just copy some of the Juice bar menus.

My current favourite being the Chunky Monkey

OJ
    Banana
    Yougart
    Honey
    Peanut Butter

Seriously addictive...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 silversweetie

Strawberry Smoothie:

5 strawberries
    Ice Cream / Frozen Yoghurt
    A Little Honey
    Some Orange Juice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Kalcit

There are literary hundreds of smoothie recipe websites. I quite often visit www.fruitsmoothierecipes.me.uk. They have about hundred nice and easy to make smoothie recipes and these are very nicely categorized, so you find exactly what you want.

Advertisement