Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 / 3 week language course in Germany.

• 08-05-2007 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

As the title suggests, I am hoping to locate an intensive two / three week language course in Germany this summer. I am (allegedly) an adult in my late 20s and am not seeking an exam-type crash course. I studied German in college and spent several summers working in low-end jobs as a student. I also worked in a professional environment in Bavaria for four months several years ago. Basically, I have a reasonably good grasp of German although it is now somewhat latent due to lack of practice.

My objective is to find an intensive language course for a few weeks this summer to revive my knowledge. I am hoping to study in Berlin as I have always lived and worked in Bavaria in the past. My objective is simply to have some fun and really put my German back on track. It would be great if you could provide some insight on the following:

Have any of you ever participated in one of these adult language courses? How did you find it and was it worth the time and money?
    Was accommodation included?
    Can you personally recommend any schools or colleges?

I would be really grateful for any information as I am torn about whether I should proceed with this option for my precious two weeks of annual leave.

Danke im Voraus!

Advertisement