Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy cheap MDF for walk in wardrobe

Options
  • 08-05-2007 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

I was out the weekend doing a tour of Woodies, B & Q and Atlantic to price MDF sheets for the walk in wardrobe shelving I plan to put in. There were large differences in price for the same size board, 2.44m x .6m, i.e. €36, €38 and €26 respectively.

Now is there any other place that sells these sheets that may be cheaper or should I just bite the bullet and go to Atlantic.

I'm based in Kildare so any place in north Kildare/west Dublin will do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,163 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Try Brooks - they have a number of depots around.
    Find them online.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I was out the weekend doing a tour of Woodies, B & Q and Atlantic to price MDF sheets for the walk in wardrobe shelving I plan to put in. There were large differences in price for the same size board, 2.44m x .6m, i.e. €36, €38 and €26 respectively.

Now is there any other place that sells these sheets that may be cheaper or should I just bite the bullet and go to Atlantic.

I'm based in Kildare so any place in north Kildare/west Dublin will do.

Try:

Chadwicks (Newbridge road out of Naas) and Brennans (Dublin road out of Naas)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,588 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Look for a builders' providers rather than diy. As the other posters have said, Brooks, Chadwicks etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eoghan.geraghty

Try Chadwicks, I recently priced around before buying timber, plasterboard etc for work in my house. Chadwicks came in at nearly half price:eek: of what I always considered a cheap builders providers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭starman100

Yup, bought a 2.4m x 1.2m x 18mm sheet of MDF for €18 the other day from a local timber merchant so those Woodies, B&Q, etc. prices are a complete rip-off.

• Advertisement
Advertisement