Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips for Xbox360?

Options
  • 08-05-2007 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭

Has anyone got any tips on good winning tactics or formations for PES6 on the Xbox360?
    I seem to be getting a lot of goals scored against me by through balls down the middle of my defence :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

try a 3-1-3-1 formation. works for me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Oman do you play 3 keepers or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Ha ha, i take it u meant 4-1-4-1 or shud i i try to get 2 players sent off in the 1st minute?

sorry i ment 3-1-3-3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Oman wrote:
    sorry i ment 3-1-3-3

Which keeper is your best? :D

• Advertisement

i play 3 in defence. a defencive mid fielder 3 mid fielders and 3 fowards

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭SlyRax

It's like real football depends on what way your comfortable playing. I like to keep the tempo high close players down really quickly if you don't get the ball you can usually force them into an error. Don't dive in but time your tackle and limit there options by either blocking their options or only giving them an option which favours you. If you have an extra player available use x to make him tackle whil you cover the options with the player your controlling. When attacking always keep one eye on the radar it's probably the most important thing you need to know where all your players are even when they aren't on screen. I like to make my moves before they get a chance to get their shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I think ur right about using the radar, especially when ur attacking. the problem is ive been playing pro evo for years and i never looked at the radar til now so its tough to get used to using it.
    Someone else gave a good tip for defending in another thread - if u turn ur fullbacks in centrebacks by editing their position, they stay back and its easier to defend counter attacks. its been workin well for me so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭niall2j

Dearg81 wrote:
    Someone else gave a good tip for defending in another thread - if u turn ur fullbacks in centrebacks by editing their position, they stay back and its easier to defend counter attacks. its been workin well for me so far.

Yeah I've been doing this recently too, it's been a massive help playing against the Inter's and Brazil's (the randomer's choice on xbox live :D). I used to get nailed by counter attacks and having the full-backs stay put makes a big difference.

It's helping me get my win record up to about 50/50 with my losses (I think I'm around W 115 L 120 or so at the mo.... closest I've gotten in a while)

Advertisement