Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless to Wired Router help

• 08-05-2007 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm having a nightmare configuring my Netgear WPN824 rangemax router to my wired Zyxel Prestige 623R-T1 on a BT home connection using a Netgear rangemax usb key.

The last configuration was as follows

Zyxel: Bridge connection Mode RFC 1483, address 192.168.1.1, DHCP enabled range 192.168.1.2 -5, NAT off, connected via WAN port to WPN824

WPN824: static address 192.168.2.1, DHCP off: DNS 192.168.1.1, security off,

PC: DHCP assigned 192.168.1.2, gateway 192.168.1.1., firewall off

I can get a connection to the net using a cable to the wireless router but nothing on wireless, in fact I can't even connect to the wifi router

At this stage I'd really like to start afresh with the best settings, I've reset both routers to factory settings in the hope that someone here can assist with ALL the settings

All I want is wifi net access for a laptop, desktop and PS3

Many thanks in advance

pp: WPN824 router was a present and cannot be exchanged :(:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Reset the wireless router to factory settings. Connect it to your PC via cable and configure it per the instructions for wireless (SSID, DHCP, etc). Then see if you can connect wirelessly to it. (Ignore the modem for now). If you can't connect to it wirelessly using a standard config then it's fubar'd.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Funky Phantom

Hi folks,
    I've now got the wired router setup as a bridge and the wireless router with an ip address outside the wired DHCP range. PC is using maually set ip address.
    The wireless router status is picking up the ISP issued ip & DNS servers etc but I still can't access the net or ping the wired router.
    Should I use NAT on the wired to "open" all ports to the wireless?

Zyxel: Bridge mode RFC1483; 192.168.2.1 DHCP on range 192.168.2.2 - 192.168.2.7

WPN824: 192.168.2.100, DHCP off, IP & DNS ISP assigned, gateway 192.168.2.1

PC: manually assigned ip with DHCP range, gateway 192.168.2.1

Any suggestions would be great, thanks

Advertisement