Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berties's Team and Status of T.D.s

Options
  • 08-05-2007 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭

I was in Limerick over the weekend heading from there up into clare and we noticed a typo on some of the posters.
    Apprently there are members of FF that are on Berties's team.
    The main culprit seems to have been all the Willie O'Dea's posters and our minds boggled at how many people would have proof read the poster and signed the template for the printers and didn't see the error.

Something else came up in between the giggles was the fact that some of the
    posters declare the canidate running as being a T.D.

Surely this is an error as the Dáil is not in session and was disolved ergo they are not T.D.s any longer and then the poster contains misinformation ?
    Would this be actionible as misleading the public, fraud or false advertising ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Yeah that Berties's thing is constantly being pointed out on Newstalk (radio station...) :D The fools, THE FOOLS!!!

As to the TDs thing, someone pointed that out before in this forum... dunno what the answer ended up being though :confused: The Taoiseach is still the Taoiseach despite the Dáil being dissolved, but I don't know if he's different to other TDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Oirthir

Thaedydal wrote:
    I was in Limerick over the weekend heading from there up injto clare and we noticed a typo on somes of the posters the posters.
    Aprently there are members of FF that are on Berties's team.
    The main culprit seems to have been all the Willie O'Dea's posters and our minds boggles at how many people would have prrof read the poster and signed the template for the printers and didn't see the error.

Something else came up in between the giggles was the fact that some of the
    posters declare the canidate running as being a T.D.

Surely this is an error as the Dáil is not in session and was disolved ergo they are not T.D.s any longer and then the poster contains misinformation ?
    Would this be actionible as misleading the public, fraud or false advertising ?

I don't mean to offend, but maybe you should proof read your own stuff...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Oirthir wrote:

He's not an election candidate in Limerick East. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

As regards TDs, the 15 (?) members of the government are still the 15 members of the government, but the dail has been dissolved, so they are not TDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Regarding the T.D. thing, Fine Gael are also doing this. I suppose at time of printing they were T.D.s so they could get around it like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Oirthir wrote:

I don't find that offenseive when your dyslexic you get used to it. :)
    But I am the only one responsible for my posts,
    I don't have a team of people working for me on my campagain or a national party spin team checking as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Oirthir wrote:

World of difference between posting on a forum here and putting up it posters accross the country for a national campaign. You would really think if someone was going to pay a tens of thousands on posters they would check the spelling.

I have to say the only Party who i really noticed the TD thing on was the PD's. Of course that is possible because there are so few of them....

I would have to check it out to be sure but as far as i am aware the cabinet and Taoseach still have office and will until they are voted by a new Dail. The TD's i think were dissolved by the Presidents act.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Regarding the T.D. thing, Fine Gael are also doing this. I suppose at time of printing they were T.D.s so they could get around it like that.

I dont think so. Not unless they have the disclaimer at the bottom

"Correct at time of printing".

Also the posters couldnt be put up until the election was called and dail dissolved so they knew when they would be using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

On them no longer been T.D.s. Could the dail be recalled in any circumstance ? Say if war broke out or some major disaster happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jb91

The sign on the way into Greystones just says what everyone thinks's :rolleyes:
    397045938a4321670323b185752943l.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Classic! I salute the artist! :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

jhegarty wrote:
    On them no longer been T.D.s. Could the dail be recalled in any circumstance ? Say if war broke out or some major disaster happened.
    I doubt it. But there is no precedent for it.
    In that event the Taoiseach and his ministers are still in place to deal with the running of the state.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

I laughed at that one. :D

I say that took a fair amount of time to do. Wonder he was not seen defacing it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Its an ould looking poster too :D

Advertisement