Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weird network problem

• 08-05-2007 6:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭

Got an IP error saying I had an IP or there is two IP's on my Pc and its conflicting. I went to my network and I seen another network on it called "Microsoft TV/Video Connection".I cant disable it. Do I have someone else on my network hogging my bandwidth? Also In task manager its there and mine is 100mbps and the other one is 0% network with 30mbps.

Does this make sense to anyone...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

It could be your neighbours pc just happened to associate to your AP , start using WPA and the rest, theres a few guides at the top of this section

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

So WEP is no good then? Had it all set up with WEP....128 bit encryption and all that jazz...

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Do you have a xbox 360? Regardless, it's time to check your security. If you can use wpa, if not change your wep key at the very least. Your dns settings, are they set to obtain an ip address automatically, or as a static ip address?

I googled Microsoft TV/Video Connection and it seems it's related to a tv card on your pc.

Thanks MarkR will change settings,dont have any type of Tv card in Pc...Weird one alright...This has happened twice in a couple of days I get a yellow trianle down on task bar with an exclamation mark,saying conflicting IP's....

No Xbox360 either,so just normal WPA or WPA2.thanks

Oh its set to automatic DHCP...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Where are you seeing it? If its in your own Network Connections area then you don't need to worry about the neighbours leeching anything.

Do you have a USB webcam attached? Have you installed anything new lately?

Where are you seeing it? If its in your own Network Connections area then you don't need to worry about the neighbours leeching anything.

Do you have a USB webcam attached? Have you installed anything new lately?

Yeah Adian seeing it in my Network Connections and in my task manager(Networking),havent installed anything like a webcam just a game called Stalker. My daughter was connecting using her Ds but that shouldn't matter.

Its gone now as I restarted pc and changed my security passwords.Rats now my daughter cant connect with her Ds as the Ds only uses WEP! The link you supplied (Thanks btw) is exactly what I was seeing "Microsoft TV/Video Connection"...

Advertisement