Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vote Mr Tayto Number One

Options
  • 08-05-2007 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭

Anyone seen Tayto election posters? LOL

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭McSandwich

Anyone seen Tayto election posters? LOL

No, what are his policies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

I'd imagine lower price crisps :P

Why didnt i get a photo of it :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I got an photo but unfortunately this laptop doesn't have infra-red (afaik!)

I think his website is mrtayto.ie

I'd imagine lower price crisps :P

Why didnt i get a photo of it :-/

Sounds good to me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

The posters are plastered all over lamposts outside FF election Hq. I lol'd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

He was around govt. buildings for most of the morning. Frank Kelly is his campaign manager, by the looks of things!

One of the points on his manifesto is "I will abolish children's allowance, so you can have as many children as you like".... Nice.

Later this evening the litter warden was taking them down from the poles along Merrion St. Upr.

Great stunt, although I'm pretty sure the bus driver must have been driven demented having to listen to the same "Vote Mr Tayto" song over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

Sorry to get a little bit over excited, but, OH MY GOD, I'm coming out of college today at about half past four, hear a loudspeaker blaring, look up and see a giant red double decker bus with Mr Tayto on the side along with assorted election slogans...'twas a good day :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

There's a Tayto bus too. Saw it today at about 17:10 turning onto Westmoreland St. It was loudly telling people to vote for Mr. Tayto. Yer only man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Araniell

Ibid wrote:
    I got an photo but unfortunately this laptop doesn't have infra-red (afaik!)

I think his website is mrtayto.ie

This isn't working for me. Is there an official website?

It occurs to me that Mr. Tayto looks not all together unlike our current Taoiseach.

Araniell wrote:
    This isn't working for me. Is there an official website?

It occurs to me that Mr. Tayto looks not all together unlike our current Taoiseach.

At least I know what I'm getting when I buy a packet of Tayto ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

If Mr Tayto wins the election and forms a coalition agreement with Dustin the Turkey, they'd probably do a better and more competent job of running the country than the present shower.

It wouldn't bee hard....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,830 ✭✭✭SeanW

Mr. Tayto could probably do a better job running the country than the current shower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

McSandwich wrote:
    At least I know what I'm getting when I buy a packet of Tayto ;)
    Half a bag of crisps? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

can someone explain wtf this thread is about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭RalphCifaretto

Is that "stop the paedophiles" character running in the midlands again?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Clifford T Reid?

Nope, he is not running AFAIK.

Bond-007 wrote:
    Clifford T Reid?

Nope, he is not running AFAIK.
    was he not running in wicklow last time about,ex prison officer i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

county wrote:
    was he not running in wicklow last time about,ex prison officer i think
    Yes, he was a member of Athy town council and he ran in the Ireland east constituency in the last euro elections.

Bond-007 wrote:
    Yes, he was a member of Athy town council and he ran in the Ireland east constituency in the last euro elections.
    thats what it was

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Later this evening the litter warden was taking them down from the poles along Merrion St. Upr.

Why? If theres an election are they not allowed put up posters? do you have to be registered as a candidate? im amazed other companies havent figured this stunt out before

Also: i likened berties simpereing image on FF posters to mr tayto, like, weeks ago and am hereby taking credit for this. Go me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Bambi wrote:
    Why? If theres an election are they not allowed put up posters? do you have to be registered as a candidate? im amazed other companies havent figured this stunt out before

I havent seen the posters but yes you do have to register as a candidate to put up posters and there is also certain dimensions posters must be or they can be removed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

The posters were also too low, the base of them was about four foot from the ground, making them a hazard for pedestrians, particularly vision impaired people.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MemEmee

Look at Clifford. He's on Bebo. Forget Mr Tayto...

http://cliffordtreid.bebo.com

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Is that "stop the paedophiles" character running in the midlands again?:D

As opposed to what, encouraging them? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

never mind clifford, how about that gunner eyed christian fella who always runs in the city centre? God loves a trier but jesus his fizzer on a poster staring down/out/up at ye is enough to put years on a person

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Here's a pic of one of the posters from Ashbourne.

mick_irl ashbourne and places around are covered :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Fair play to the lads who put these up. I bet ya he'll get some votes too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Does anyone else remember the 'vote for the L-shaped Tetris block' posters from the last campaign?

• Advertisement

haha, they were taken down in Navan :(

Advertisement