Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know what the Links, Portmarnock is like?

• 08-05-2007 6:47pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Thinking of renting in the Links, Portmarnock but wondering what it's like. It's near the DART - a big advantage - but not sure what it's like in other respects.

Now I know Portmarnock itself - I lived there until I was 15 - but when I moved away, the Links didn't exist. I'm pretty sure there's no shops within it which means that the nearest shop is the local Texaco... would I be right in that?

Is the area itself clean and quiet? What sort of population does it get? Don't want somewhere with many students (although can't imagine there would be that many)? And the apartments themselves... are they good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭spiderman1885

There's actually a shop down in one of the other estates, its Londis I think and I hear it's very good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

Yep, Londis is located in Seabrook Manor. Is pretty cool, however depending on where in the Links you are, the garage may be about as near.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Been here a couple of months now and tend to use Texaco for getting milk and bread and other odds and ends. The Londis is okay, but its range is very small if you're trying to do anything unusual. Still it's the nearest place before Dunnes so it suffices!

Oh and I'm enjoying living here - just the right balance from being outside the busy city centre and yet having a reasonable commute in when I want to.

Advertisement