Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

exterior wall beside green (between C Park and CGrove

Options
  • 08-05-2007 6:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Folks,

I live in the beginning of the Park and came home this evening to discover that there is a gap in the wall (Green Area between 3 bed Charlesland Grove and new creche Charlesland Park)with building material beside it ie it looks like they have cut out part of the wall and have boarded it up temporarily.

Does anyone know anything about it? Any suggestions How I can find out what is going on? I dont want a gap in the wall as its a good escape route!!!!Would you not need planning permission if this not temporary? HELP

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Tomato

Hi

Was wondering the same thing. Two guys, a landrover and a trailer there this morning. I will be here tomorrow morning again so Ill go ask them what they are up to and will report back!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭woodser

:rolleyes: Theyre extending the creche.See the creche in the grove is now closed and gone too small not financially viable the reason cited expect a planning application for redesignation to residential

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Financially viable?..you mean too expensive to purchase the unit at €650,000

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

No one's bought the Eden Gate creche - it's massive!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I assumed that wall and green area were there to allow a future connection into whatever development is eventually built on the other side of the wall. That might explain why the wall is not properly finished (its just grey breeze blocks).

A pathway through to the recreation park would actually be quite useful there.

Theres another gap in the boundary wall right up at the end of the Park as well (beside the last green).

• Advertisement

astrofluff wrote:
    Financially viable?..you mean too expensive to purchase the unit at €650,000
    `No astro I hope youre being sarcastic its the same reason why nobody bought the two in the Wood or the one in the Park.Here is the proof.After 2 years operating they had to close as the income from the 23 kids was not viable it was running at a substantial loss.With overheads of mortgage insurance, equipment, food and wages it was too small to keep going viably.Pop over and youll see the sign on the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Woodser, I understand that it is not financially viable. The whole system of childcare in this country is a big issue. Sorry for going off topic but its an issue I am disgusted with as now there will be little provision for childcare spaces in the development if they remove units like theses. I was merely pointing out that when it comes to property the developer could have facilitated the propestive purchaser by reducing prices and thats why they haven't sold them!!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Oh I wholly agree with you astro the developer in a way is to blame ,but Bord Pleanala and not W.C.C. are the real culprits here they allowed the developer to build creche units that were simply too small to be financially viable as a business That after all is what creches are --businesses.You wouldnt build a restaurant or a bar that was too small to allow enough customers in to make it viable.Its not a question of removing the creches its amatter of no individual being toable to break even in them as a business.I agree with you but what I think is far more important is that the primary school should be started right away without debate or delay and early childcare sholud be incorporated into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

the "creche" (actually a montessori) in the Grove is not gone - they moved to bigger premises in the Park. They still own the building in the Grove and afaik are planning to reopen it later in the year when they've recruited more staff and taken on more kids

Well theyre looking for someone to take it over thats all I know. Why close and move then come back again.:rolleyes: More kids- Youre telling me theres not enough children looking for places in Charlesland? :eek: Are you suggesting that there are too many creches?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭anniec

having just come home from work it looks like an entrance!!

I did put 2 calls into builders but no response I will check tomorrow

I believe they would need planning permission to do this which I am going to investigate over the weekend however not impressed would even now say I wouldnt mind the lads back on the wall again! As for the creche in the beginning of the park its opening soon

Yes in the next couple of weeks. Under the same name as the closed one in the grove but different owners.Taking most of the kids that were in the Grove

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭anniec

ok so the builders rang me back and the entrance to the field behind cgrove and cpark is part of the planning permission.

Does anyone know how I could get this information? and sight the approved plans?

Thanks

Advertisement