Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Linfield manager speaks out about Cork

• 08-05-2007 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Monday, May 07, 2007

Linfield manager David Jeffrey has told Bluemen to get ready for another day of celebrations next Saturday as the newly-crowned JJB Sports Irish Cup winners prepare for the next stage of their terrific treble attempt.

The Blues sealed a league and cup double for the second season in a row on Saturday with a penalty shoot-out win over Dungannon Swifts and now they are gearing up for the visit north of Drogheda United in the Setanta Sports Cup final this week.

And Jeffrey is planning on leading his men to yet more glory and becoming all Ireland champions for the second time in three years.

"We will be up for it next week, don't worry," he said.

"This is a funny place to be at. You strive and strive and strive to achieve and once you do that you're looking for the next thing.

"That's just the attitude we have at Linfield. We'll be back in training on Tuesday and you make no mistake, we want to be champions of 32 counties."

And it's clear to see just why Jeffrey is so fired up for the battle for all Ireland supremacy.

"I'm sick sore and tired of the hallions down south slagging us off, particularly that crowd from Cork," he seethed.

"They are the most ungracious group of people that I have ever met in my life, especially Joe Gamble.

"What annoys me is the ungracious big-headed attitude of them. They are an absolute joke and I'll tell you; Cork are absolutely nowhere, they've done nothing and they're pathetic."

Mainly due to Gamble saying that "they molested football" :D

Shocking that Cork play Linfield for 1st time and turn another entire country against cork people, i really dont know how they pulled that one off :D

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I think he is on to something ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

In fairness i think both men have a point:)
    btw i really can not see linfield beating us on saturday if we have 11 fit senior players we will win i have never been so sure of anything in my life they are terrible!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

It would be a disgrace if the Irish league won another Setanta cup considering the abysmul state of their teams and the manner in which their only side capable of winning a football match (linfield) go about it.

LOI is light years ahead of the northern sides and hopefully this will be reflected on Saturday...

G'wan Drogs!!

(Keep the moola in LOI too ;))

Advertisement