Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Live Messenger Problem

Options
  • 08-05-2007 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭

Hi All
    I use MSN live messenger a lot, and even have it on my phone. Thing is, when I log on via my phone and then after a while try to log in via my laptop, I keep getting the error pictured here

Error2.jpg

I click on Troubleshoot and this is the result

Error.jpg

The only thing I can do to remedy this is re-install the Messenger client.
    Any ideas what could be causing this anybody??

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Are you still logged in on the phone when you try to log in on the laptop? Are you usually able to log in on the laptop when you're not logged in on the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

I'm able to log into MSN on my work computer while I'm logged in on my phone. It just automatically logs out on the phone and vice versa

Have you been able to use the laptop before though? Did you recently install or upgrade a firewall?

I was able to log on with the laptop before and I may have upgraded my AVG firewall recently

Check your AVG firewall settings to make sure that Messenger is allowed to send packets out.

• Advertisement

Will try that aidan, let you know how I get on, cheers for the suggest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Looks like a firewall issue all right.

It was guys. Sorted now. Should've looked at the firewall settings first.....D'oh!
    Cheers Guys

Advertisement