Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comparative Study

Options
  • 08-05-2007 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

I Need Some Help Regarding Themes For The Comparative Study For Witness,juno And The Paycock And S Marner

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

im doing these 3 texts aswel, what about themes do you need help with.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Oh me too.I'm doing 2 out of those 3 texts (am doing The Curious Incident Of The Dog instead of Witness), and would love some notes on Silar Marner and Juno And the Paycock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Oh me too.I'm doing 2 out of those 3 texts (am doing The Curious Incident Of The Dog instead of Witness), and would love some notes on Silar Marner and Juno And the Paycock.

I assume you are doing theme and issue on disability?? We did sm and jp in class aswell as mlf(my left foot) so Im taking jp and mlf and doing the curious incident aswell for theme or issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Relationships and Escape. JP SM and MLF, for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

dan719 wrote:
    I assume you are doing theme and issue on disability?? We did sm and jp in class aswell as mlf(my left foot) so Im taking jp and mlf and doing the curious incident aswell for theme or issue.
    Yeah well thats what I wrote bout in my mocks anyways.But now I seem to have lost all my notes.....and my ***** of a teacher is refusing to help me in anyway whatsoever.Damn her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭SamHamilton

I Need Some Help Regarding Themes For The Comparative Study For Witness,juno And The Paycock And S Marner

I'm studying those texts as well. I always use the theme of forbidden love as follows:

Juno - Mary and Bentham
    Silas - Godfrey and Molly
    Witness - Book and Rachel

The relationships between Mary and Bentham and Godfrey and Molly are almost identical. Mary and Molly both from lower class, both face huge consequences, both end up with an unwated baby. The men, Bentham and Godfrey escape any huge repercussions.
    All the relationships don't last.

Loads more stuff if you want to know. Am happy to help.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

B1977 wrote:

Theme were doing for these 3 texts is love.

Love between John and Rachel
    Love(and lack of) between Juno and her family
    Love between Silas and Eppie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Spliffany692000

Hey,

Im doing JP, Witness and How many miles to Babylon....
    The theme Im doing is conflict its so easy to write about because you can have family, class and physical conflict...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭shazzyshaz

B1977 wrote:

silas marner- the theme of family relationships and how it changes the protagonist.

Advertisement