Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearwire & ADSL router

Options
  • 08-05-2007 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

i have a clear wire connection and a BT voyager ADSL router.

can i use the ADSL router to share the connection?

At the moment the only way i can seem to get it to work is by turning off DHCP but obviously then i'm only getting 1 public IP which can't be shared.

W/ DHCP on it seems its on-again off-again -sometimes getting a clearwire public IP and able to view webpages (but not acces the voyager router) and sometimes getting a private 192.168.xxx.xxx IP where i can access the router but not view webpages.

i cant see the difference between the router getting an IP from the clearwire rouer and a DSL conneciton?

Help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭dbrowne9212

ne1 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

No you cant.

A router routes between the WAN side and a LAN side of the device.

In this case the WAN side is an ADSL port - not an ethernet port.

You need an ethernet router with an ethernet WAN port to do what you want to do (Assign te public IP to the WAN side - plug it into the clearwire device - and use NAT to get multiple clients connected to the LAN side ethernet ports).

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Argos call them Cable Modems because they are commonly used with HTL/Telewest Cable Modems via Ethernet WAN port. They work with any kind of "modem" that has an ethernet connection on it.

www.komplett.ie call them Routers, or if it has WiFi, Wireless Routers.

You may find WiFi interferes with Clearwire signal in some situations.

Advertisement