Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Radio Code.. Help

Options
  • 08-05-2007 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi all,.
    I recently bought a 1994 rover 214i unfortunatley the radio needs the code. and the guy i bought it off is sadly deceased. can any one help me find out where i get the code from??? theres no manual in the car. its the original radio.. thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

There are some garages that will do this for you and it doesn't cost much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

There might be a sticker somewhere in the car saying the code. Several months after me having the same problem with my Fiesta and paying €15 at a main stealer to get the code, I saw it right there next to the lock on the boot sill. Grrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Call Rover Ireland (if they still exist) or the original supplying dealer, they may have the code on file (assuming the radio is the original one)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

rover forums in the u.k. also google radio codes

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

There might be a sticker somewhere in the car saying the code. Several months after me having the same problem with my Fiesta and paying €15 at a main stealer to get the code, I saw it right there next to the lock on the boot sill. Grrr.
    Similarly, the code for my stereo was underneath the ash tray.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

byte wrote:

As was mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

byte wrote:

A regular location on most Fords.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 lu22*

Thanks everyone for your help... gonna go tear the car apart looking for it noW!!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Have a look on the bottom and top of the radio itself; if it's happened before, someone may have written the code on the radio in permanent marker!

Worst case, you can get fairly cheap CD headunits now that plug straight in, and which can be transferred to your next car.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Mr.Diagnostic

If you are going take the Radio out then post all te details (numbers,make etc) here and I should be able to give you the code.

• Advertisement
Advertisement