Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

e6600

• 08-05-2007 9:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

ive had my e6600 overclocked up till now, (i decided to bring it back down to default and go pretty much fanless to make my pc super quite (sythe ninja by the by)). however ive noticed that when im doing tasks that arnt very strenuous on the cpu, cpu-z is telling me that the core speed is 1597.3mhz because the multiplier is at 6 (not 9).
    but when i put it at 100% load or if i even play a game or somethin like that, it goes normal (266*9 = 2.4ghz)....

is this normal???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Yep ,its called speedstep. I drops the multi when the cpu is not over 70/75% load. The idea is to drop thermal waste, and lower power consumption.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

ya i thought it was somethin to do with energy efficiency...i was thinkin the worst had happened..:rolleyes: thanks tho, puts my mind at ease....quick reply too!...impressive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

We aim to please :D

ive got another question with my e6600. now if i go to up the fsb by even about 10, windows doesnt want to boot, i think its because the voltage is too low ( speedfan is tellin me the Vcore is anywhere between 1.04 and 1.1 volts at idle and 1.26 volts at load). the thing is , i never touched the voltage settings cause i have no idea how. could someone tell me how to change the voltage to somethin a bit higher. its a msi neo-p mobo, the bios is 'phoenix' or somethin like that

also, speedfan is tellin me my cpu is at -121 celcius.... for a sythe ninja, thats pretty good! lol, reinstal it or is the sensor fuc*ed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I have the neo-f and it just really isn't an overclockers motherboard...can barely change anything, what options do you have?

• Advertisement

i can change the fsb, the pci ex. voltage, ram voltage.....thats about it i think!

Same more or less...:(

prob should have spent a little more on a proper mobo...:rolleyes: , any idea with the -121 celcius readout?....

and no, im not using liquid nitrogen!

Well, all I can do on my neo-f is increase the fsb for an overclock, and change some misc voltages but not vcore. The max is 333mhz and I have it at 310 so I can't really get much more out of it anyway. Which is a shame because even with the stock cooler I didn't realise how good they overclocked. I have my 6400 past 6600 speeds now and temps are still about 30 idle and under 40 under load. Loads of headroom left even with the stock cooler. Damn you msi...why did I listen to the lure of your cheapness :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Maybe you have to turn speedstep off to overclock. I know with amd processors you have to turn Cool'n'Quiet off dont you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement