Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pedestrian Crossings

Options
  • 08-05-2007 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Too long do we see death on our roads and the horror that this can bring.With the Tiger economy in full swing and in election year you would think it would be high time that pedestrians could cross the road in safety. This Jay Walking tightrope is a total joke.Try and walk from Ringsend into town through busy cross roads and you will see what I am talking about. These so called town planners in Dublin shouldhead to Copehagen where I spent valuable time studying their pedestrian system - amazing. There is not even any buttons to press its all on timer..........Dublin HAS to get a grip!! Where is the common sense - where is the investment in this basic need, if we are to encourage people of the road then they must be given a safe pavement to walk on.
    Ironically enough whilst walking to Sandymount I came to a busy cross roads. No pedestrian crossing in sight of course - so what is obscuring my view as I try to look to the right....... one of these big pictures of one of the heads on the political parties!!!!!!! Little do theyknow they dangers the cause and my one future path!!

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Was wondering the same thing today, as I was making my way down to Grand Canal Dock. There's a road (not sure of it's name) that's quite wide and has a bit of a blind spot for pedestrians. No crossing there at all - have to run in between cars. Ridiculous.

You'd probably get a better response on this issue if you got it moved to Commuting & Transport forum, btw. It's not just a Dublin issue, even if it's more prevalent here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

I mailed ITC in DCC a few months ago about having pedestrian lights in the city centre go green automatically if it didn't impede traffic. The answer I got back was that if they went green, they'd have to stay green for a certain amount of time (old people crossing, etc) and could reduce traffic throughput so it wouldn't be happening anytime soon :/

Advertisement