Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planing Back Log

• 08-05-2007 9:22pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭

There is a lot of talk over on accommodation and property about the slow down of the building property and developers not putting as much on the market.

Just wondering do many engineers, planners, architects etc have many developments held up in planning?

I have one massive one in DLRCC and I reckon its being held up due the election.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Most of the housing dev's in our office have been put on hold, presumably until after the election. Still though the situation shouldn't change much as the development plan is already in place.

It's funny how 15hours OT turns into 0 all because of an election :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

sprinkles wrote:
    Most of the housing dev's in our office have been put on hold, presumably until after the election. Still though the situation shouldn't change much as the development plan is already in place.

Its amazing to thinkg that an independent planning process is being held up by poltics!

It's the uncertainty of the stamp duty issue I think. I can't see any other reason for it. The bigger privately funded projects (not residential) are still going hell for leather but any residential or public sector jobs have slowed a good bit, some on hold completely. Hopefully it's all sorted in a few weeks.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

sprinkles wrote:
    It's the uncertainty of the stamp duty issue I think. I can't see any other reason for it. The bigger privately funded projects (not residential) are still going hell for leather but any residential or public sector jobs have slowed a good bit, some on hold completely. Hopefully it's all sorted in a few weeks.

Ask any developer any they'll tell you thats a load of spin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

sprinkles wrote:

Thats interesting... why are they being put on hold for the election, all parties have said they will do something ASAP with stamp duty, so why would a developer put anything on hold? If they are so sure there will be the demand in 2 or 3 months time why not plow ahead...

• Advertisement

Not sure to be honest but I've heard from 3 small devs that that's the reason. There's uncertainty in the market and they aren't willing to rush into things without a clear path forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

sprinkles wrote:
    Not sure to be honest but I've heard from 3 small devs that that's the reason. There's uncertainty in the market and they aren't willing to rush into things without a clear path forward.

Hi,

I guess i was being a little sarcastic.... I just think there's lots of spin out there at the moment, people saying things are going to take off after the election, but i'm not sure if they will, cause by the time the government does anything with stamp duty there will possibly be another 2 x 0.25% interest rate hikes...

On an aside, i think the estate agents have had it too easy in the last 8+ years.. a friend of mine is looking to buy a second house, has one already, and can't believe how he has been threated by all of them.. has gone in, they don't try even make conversation, they literately say just there's a flyer with some houses on it & keep any eye on the web site... he was interested in once place, viewed it an all said he was interested, it went sale agreed a few days later they didn't even call him back.. it's now back for sale and still they haven't called him so say it's available....

Advertisement