Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honours Irish poetry predictions

Options
  • 08-05-2007 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭

Looks like speculation is the order of the day... So what do you think is most likely to crop up on the paper this year. Considering the nasty-minded folk who make the papers, I just know Uirchill an Chreagáin will rear its ugly head

Most likely Honours poem? 17 votes

Oíche Nollaig na mBan
    0% 0 votes
    Dán do Mhelissa
    0% 0 votes
    An Chéad Dráma
    5% 1 vote
    An Oileán
    5% 1 vote
    An Mháthair
    5% 1 vote
    Maigdiléana
    11% 2 votes
    Uirchill an Chreagáin
    5% 1 vote
    Dá m'bfhéidir arís dár gcumann
    64% 11 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

well id be 99.9% certain that neither "an chead drama" nor "an t-oilean" wil come up,seen as how they came up last year and examiners will no doubt want to examine ALL the poems before the course ends.
    out of the other 6 its impossible to predict...according to my irish teacher,everyone was certain that at least one of either "oiche nollag na mban" or "uirchill an chreagain" (or both) wud come both...and neither did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Just because it's old Irish, doesn't make it hard! GAH!

Sorry. Yeah I'm thinking Uirchill or De mudder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

in an ideal world: "dan do mhelissa" (the poem ive done the most work on) and either"maigdileana" or "da mbfheidir aris dar gcumann" (probably the 2 easiiest poems)
    hopefully not "uirchill an chreagain" or "oiche nollaig na mban" (def. the 2 hardest imo)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

I'd settle for maigdileana and dan do mhelissa too. Maigdileana especially is piss easy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

The guy who wrote "An Chéad Dráma" died this year, so I wouldn't rule it out totally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

I would.
    Ideally: Dán Do Mhelissa & Oíche Nollaig na mBan
    Probably: Úrchill an Chreagáin & Maigdiléana

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Diamond007

Ye id say Uirchill an Chreagáin will be up :( not so sure wat else will appear though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 David Fouhy

An Mhathair hasnt come up since 2001, which makes it highly likely. why so sure about urchill an chreagain???came up in 04. whens the course ending?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

An Mhathair hasnt come up since 2001, which makes it highly likely. why so sure about urchill an chreagain???came up in 04. whens the course ending?

The course is one year old

Advertisement