Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Flash help

Options
  • 08-05-2007 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭

I have a website just finished and want to add a slideshow to it. I created the slideshow in another program and i would like to use that. The slide show is in swf format and I would like to import the swf into flash. I have tried convert to compiled clip but the slideshow just flashes. Is there a way too import a swf into a swf or would I be better off just creating the slideshow in flash. At the minute I have a link to a slideshow which opens up another page but i would like to keep it all in the one swf.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

create the slideshow in flash - as far as I remember, you cant import and swf into an swf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

You can load the external .swf into a 'target' in a new flash file and then export them. You will need to use a litte bit of actionscript. More info here.
    If that's too complicated just google 'load external swf file into flash' and find a tutorial to which you are comfortable with.

Advertisement