Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Text Scam Alert !

• 08-05-2007 11:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭

Hi All. Wasn't sure where this should go but this seemed the most appropriate place - move if required.

Just recieved a "Service Message" type text but strangely it hasn't come from a phone number but what appears to be some form of web site.
    There is no from phone number on the message.

The From field shows "Promo"

The message body is :

Claim your 1,000 text Messages!
    Connect and Collect.

http://2.qq1.cc/m?=35387xxxxxxx

the xxxx's are my mobile number which I presume will be used to opt me in to what ever this scam does and will be replaced by whatever the recipients mobile number is.

Obviously I haven't clicked it but I did search the web and found information that these types of messages can be sent to you premium rate and you may be charged just for getting the message. I've contacted Vodafone support who say they won't know until tomorrow what texts were sent to me today.

Advice, obviously, is not to "Connect & Collect"

ZEN

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Always great advice but if we had a thread for every single one they'd need their own forum :)

Good idea calling customer care though - best to make sure you've not been charged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Yeah I appreciate that these things are common but this one I'd never seen before so thought it might merit some discussion. The part that concerned me was that I may be charged for recieving the message.

Another thing is that the part you actually see is only the front, I'm offered the chance to download the rest of the message which I've declined for obvious reasons.

ZEN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

One of my colleagues also got this message, though Vodafone won't be able to tell her until tomorrow if she's gotten charged for it.

Zener, did you find out if you got charged for the message?

Cheers,
    ..byrnefm

Advertisement