Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband,about to sign up should i??

Options
  • 08-05-2007 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hi Folks
    Hoping i could get a few views on Irish Broadbands service.
    Where i live in Glanmire Cork Eircom dont have broadband enabled(surprise surprise)and have being paying for their 150 anytime dial up service which they have managed to f**k up by keep billing me for per minute charges and then i have to go and get them to refund after ten hours on the phone!
    So how have people found Irish Broadbands breeze 2mb + talk package?
    Hoping to find out if it will work out cheaper in the long term as we get the line rental with eircom free as we have a child with special needs.
    Hope this all makes sense and glad of any feedback!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭bishop brennan

Anyone can help!!!??:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Worked superb for me for 5 months witha 20ms ping to gameservers in the UK then all of a sudden on a random day it all went to hell.

Line kept dropping, when it was up a grand speed of 20kb/s during the good times. Numerous calls to tech support didn't help as I was fobbed off and forgotten about.

Same thing happened to a not so computer literate friend of mine except IBB told him the fault was his 'mainboard was corrupt and he should get onto his manufacturer support line'. I built that machine for him and it was running 100%.

From my experience IBB are a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

thrier breeze products aren't too bad...
    stay away from ripwave

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭com7

what part of glanmire ?

com7 wrote:
    what part of glanmire ?

Living near Grandons garage.Why?Is the signal very weak here or what?
    The guy i was speaking too in sales told me they would be doing a signal test,whether they will tell me if its good or bad i don't know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Living near Grandons garage.Why?Is the signal very weak here or what?
    The guy i was speaking too in sales told me they would be doing a signal test,whether they will tell me if its good or bad i don't know.

You could try asking the sales guy where the masts are nearby. Might give you an idea weather you have line of sight with it or not. Although the sales guy got it wrong for me. told me the nearest mast to me would be Douglas or Spur Hill. Turns out I'm connected to a mast in Farmers Cross, up by Harlequins hockey club.

Got Breeze 2MB installed yesterday and getting pretty much full speed, happy with it so far.

Well they are installing in the morning which i have to say is fast considering i only rang them Tuesday.
    It cant be any worse than the 33.6Kbps im getting now from eircom!
    Dealing with eircom has to be an election issue with a lot of people at this stage!

Advertisement