Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone explain this for me....

Options
  • 08-05-2007 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

... ok i found this a few years ago and wrote if on a freq sheet i had.. will i found it today and remembered it... dont ask me how i found it out, i just remember finding it out a few years ago

when i tune to 27.0750 fm and transmitt, i can pick it up crystal clear on 162.4500 fm on my vhf transceiver

havent explored much more on other freq's but i just find it weird that i am getting a full crystal signal.. its one way by the way.. if you tx on 162.4500 you recieve nothing on 27.0750.. lol

anyone?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

It's a harmonic. Myself and a mate used to use it to our advantage when we were young lads... I had a set of 49MHz walkie talkies and could hear them perfectly on just under 100MHz on any FM radio. It was our "local radio station"... :D

If you divide 162.45 by 27.075 you will see the result is exactly 6.

Cheaper equipment - like many CBs - are more prone to emitting harmonic radiation. A good low pass filter will help, especially of it is causing problems to neighbouring equipment.

Another common problem was around 54MHz - right where NTL/Cablelink/RTE Relays etc. used to transmit Channel 4 on cable. If a CB station was causing interference, it was always on C4 as 54MHz is the first harmonic of 27MHz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

ahh brilliant cheers for clearing that up for me :D

Advertisement