Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cats constantly crying and fighting outside

Options
  • 09-05-2007 12:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭

I'm in a terraced house and every house has a shed in the garden.
    There are local cats(one mother and 3 young cats-8 months old) so they walk up and down these above these sheds all the time-no problem with that. I'm not sure who owns them but someone on the street does.

For the past few weeks I can hear a terrible crying noise from these cats. I thought it was a baby infant but it seems it is the cats but it's hard to tell the difference. It'd freak you out to hear it-it's almost human.

Why are the cats suddenly crying at night and these never did this before?
    Also, every second night or so I get woken up as they are fighting each other outside my window.

Is another tom cat coming around? That's what I reckon

It's disturbing my sleep and I don't mind so much but if this is some seasonal behaviour that's to be expected I'd like to know

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Cats make that sound when in heat. It is very creepy - I remember the first time I heard it I was convinced a child had gotten outside in the middle of the night!

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

Cats in heat. Sounds like a Banshee.
    TNR to stop it and further problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

HavoK wrote:
    Cats make that sound when in heat. It is very creepy - I remember the first time I heard it I was convinced a child had gotten outside in the middle of the night!

My family have always had cats and I remember first hearing the sound when I was a kid. Its got to be one of the most eerie sounds there is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The cat is in heat - shes calling for the boys - they will come & will fight with each other for the chance to mate with her.

Trap neuter & release is the only way to stop it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭JB1

agree with bond.There are organisations that can supply traps and help with the neutering costs.
    Kittenadoption
    Cats aid
    cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement