Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Request] Screenclick Irish Sun Promo Code(s)

• 09-05-2007 1:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭standbyme

Hi i'm requesting voucher code(s) that were in The Irish Sun when they were running a promo with The Irish Sun week-starting (Mon 30/4- Fri 4/5)
    As im just needing Monday's, the offer runs out at end of month.

You collect 5 codes for a free month's trial + a free dvd (usually 28 days delivery from some start date)

Thanks.

Comments

I'm trying to get the code...more later. However there is a similar offer on pigsback.com where you can get a month free of Screenclick and get Piggypoints for doing so. Any good to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭standbyme

No, i didnt see that, that could be useful! I'll check it out later. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭ROVER

Also use code RFRDV242 for free months rental

I didnt realise you could use that code again! as i used it early last year + you have/had the option of getting a free dvd with the promo with the Sun promo :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

You only get the piggypoints if you continue your sub after the free trial.

Be careful about that, too — I emailed them as per the T&Cs, three working days before the end of the trial period, to cancel. But the same day they posted me a new DVD from my list, then ignored my cancellation request (cause all the DVDs have to be returned first), and have since sent me another disk, which I have yet to receive. Bit of a Catch 22 — you'd want to delete your rental queue, post them back the last DVD you have, wait until it shows up as returned in your rental history, and then give them three days' notice to cancel. So the "month's free trial" is effectively more like a 20-days affair. :mad:

I sent them back my last DVD unviewed, with a copy of my letter, and told them I'll do the same with the one that's on its way. We shall see...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Make sure before you return your last title that there are NO films in your list.
    That way they can't send you back a DVD and say "until all the DVD's are returned, we can't cancel the subscription".

peckerhead wrote:
    You only get the piggypoints if you continue your sub after the free trial.

Wrong. I'm looking at it now and it says you get a month's free trial and 200 piggypoints. If you choose to continue past the month you get another 250 points.

"Screenclick, Ireland's biggest dvd rental service, are now offering Pigsback.com members the chance to enjoy unlimited movie rentals free of charge for a month and earn 200 PiggyPoints. Sign up today and you enjoy Screenclick's Silver package, worth €19.99, free for the first month. If you choose to join and continue after the first month, you will also receive 250 PiggyPoints!"

Also to defeat any possibility of getting caught before you cancel use an old 3V voucher....

I should have Monday's code tomorrow if thats not too late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,563 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

ROVER wrote:
    Also use code RFRDV242 for free months rental
    Only gives a Bronze account,1 DVD at a time ,pretty poor .
    Used to be a Silver account trial,2 DVD's at a time.

By the way that Screenclick offer with Pigsback expires in three days, this Sunday 13th May. Also I can't get the code...papers gone to the binmen I'm afraid.

Also I can't get the code...papers gone to the binmen I'm afraid.
    :eek: Ah maybe i'll appeal to their better nature of common sense :confused: as i was looking for the free dvd with the offer, if not i'll use the trial code given :)

Thanks anyway for your help.

& let you know the outcome :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Wrong. I'm looking at it now and it says you get a month's free trial and 200 piggypoints. If you choose to continue past the month you get another 250 points.
    I stand (well, sit) corrected.

Anyway, they agreed to refund the debit and close the account once I return the last DVD, which I did today. Fair play.

Good idea about the old 3V voucher. I must see if my friend Mr pickerhead has one of those lying around... ;)

Advertisement