Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to clean grout

Options
  • 09-05-2007 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭

Any tips on the best way to clean grey grout between kitchen floor tiles?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Toothbrush and Cif and elbow grease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Thomas the Tank

podge018 wrote:
    Any tips on the best way to clean grey grout between kitchen floor tiles?

I got some great stuff in Atlantic homecare, from a range of products used by professional cleaners (allegedly!). It's called Hagendags or something very similar - definitely starts with Hagen! I needed to clean the grout between our bathroom tiles and it's come up very nicely indeed with a combination of their mould spray and grout cleaner. If it's floor tiles though you're not going to need the mould spray obviously, which did most of the job on our bathroom tiles.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

A grout pen.

Can be got at any DIY store.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Ballyman wrote:
    A grout pen.

Can be got at any DIY store.

- A second vote for a nice coating of fresh grout - will be whiter than white ;)

I'd use one of the tubes - if you're reasonably careful and wipe off excess before it sets you'll be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

well it's grey grout, and it's just a few stains around the dishwasher, oven and bin, so i'll try the cif and toothbrush first. Cheers.

Will keep the grout pen in mind for the bathroom in a year or so.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,672 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

a bit of vinegar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 cathy353

I use a toothbrush (hard bristles) and neat bleach and then wash the floor with soapy water afterwards.

Cathy353

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

Ive tried loads of things for grout the best by far is milton.

mix 1 part milton to roughly 3 parts water in a sray bottle spray on and leave for 10 mins and rinse it like magic! Used to have one of those tile top tables it was the bain of my life kids had it destroyed tried this one day and got it up like new.

Also a good steamer is great for bathrooms!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

I'd go with the toothbrush too, and a bit of Flash. Bleach just whitens things and may not get rid of them....

Advertisement