Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shelf life of a cheque

Options
  • 09-05-2007 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi,

Just want to confirm something, is a cheque only valid until 6 months after the issue date?

Higs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

I had always thought it was 90 days. Don't know where i heard it,I just operate on that basis.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

OP is right, 6 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Confirm what Zaph says. 6 months

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Yep 6 Months. I lodged two revenue cheques last year which were out of date and breathed a sigh of relief when they were accepted. Bank returned them a few days later and charged me for the pleasure !

In this case I pleaded ignorance and said that if a trained cashier didn't notice then how was a poor innocent Joe Soap supposed to know ? They accepted the argument and refunded the charges. The Revenue re-issued the cheques .

Advertisement