Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband dropping wirless connection..

Options
  • 09-05-2007 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭

Just got broadband recently, so far so good until last night when I lost my connection. Using one of those Netopia wireless routers from eircom and the connection to the net just dropped. Had to reconnect to the wireless network but didn't have to restart the router.

tis just a pain really!

Anyone have any ideas on this 'feature'?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

the netopia can be flakey, I understand that firmware updates (from support.eircom.net ) can improve matters .

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Just got broadband recently, so far so good until last night when I lost my connection. Using one of those Netopia wireless routers from eircom and the connection to the net just dropped. Had to reconnect to the wireless network but didn't have to restart the router.

tis just a pain really!

Anyone have any ideas on this 'feature'?

Did you lose connection with the net or was it just that your wireless connection dropped? They are very different things but either ways it is not unknown for either to happen no matter what equipment you are using or isp you are with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

wow that's a quick response Sponge Bob...cheers!

Most problems I have seen with the silver netopia were wireless related and most of these were fixed with a firmware flash .

It also runs a bit hot so make sure ALL the vents are clear and unobstructed at all times .

i believe I just lost wireless connection, the connection to the net was still there (well the lights on the router indicated so anyway!).

• Advertisement

i believe I just lost wireless connection, the connection to the net was still there (well the lights on the router indicated so anyway!).

Losing a wireless connection can have many causes and is hardly worth posting to boards over unless you propose to start some sort of diary!:rolleyes:

firmware flash...hmmm, never done anything like that before, is there a chance I will be sending it back in a dunnes stored plastic bag?? :D

very very clear support instructions with colour pictures and all !

it takes maybe 3 minutes to flash so during that time go away and drink coffee or have a fag.

if you live in an apartment you may have a neighbour interfering with your 'channel' ..default is 6 or 7 .

change channel after flash to another to evade interference , pick number 11 instead .....say.

its in the expert settings for wireless.

Sponge Bob wrote:
    very very clear support instructions with colour pictures and all !

it takes maybe 3 minutes to flash so during that time go away and drink coffee or have a fag.

if you live in an apartment you may have a neighbour interfering with your 'channel' ..default is 6 or 7 .

change channel after flash to another to evade interference , pick number 11 instead .....say.

its in the expert settings for wireless.

Surely advice on personal exposure or gay sex is not appropriate to this forum?:)

Advertisement