Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Bank for SSIA lump sum

Options
  • 09-05-2007 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭

HI,
    I have no plans for my SSIA for maybe the next year (moving house then). Anyway, where is the best place to leave it, about 16k, to gain some interest perhaps? Most bank accounts offering good interest seem to be for people going on to save again, nothing about leaving ur SSIA in the account. Any recommendations??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

rabodirect prolly. been thinking of moving my ssia cash there, best interest rate

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Rabo give the best interest rate for a lump sum, 5%, but it's only for the first €10,000.

All the others that are offering 7%+ are just for regular savers, no lump sum there.

Mine's in Rabo for now. :)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Best online rates are Rabo and Northern Rock. If you prefer a bricks and mortar bank, Anglo Irish (30 day notice) and NIB (demand) seem to be offering the best rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,496 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Rabo though some would suggest putting first 10k into rabo and rest into northern rock. Rabo are easy to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭mel123

Thanks guys, will log onto Rabo now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭leche solara

Advertisement