Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Golf Crèche in Dundrum

• 09-05-2007 10:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Anyone have any experience with Golf Crèche in Dundrum in relation to service/price. I have booked myself in for a fitting for new clubs cost is €80 which will be taken off the cost of the clubs. The pro there seemed like a nice guy.

I went in for a look and to check on prices as I want to upgrade my 10+ year old clubs as I am now missing a 3 iron and my pitching wedge and instead of doing the hard sell told me that a full set would not be required and would be better buying a few irons and a rescue club.

He said a set of Mizuno's would be around €399 and Ping's would be €500+ which to me sounds like a good price.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

i really like the guy. good advise and improved my game after one lesson. booked another 3 with him.

havent bought any stuff off him except for golf balls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭Derek Zoolander

went there on sunday while missus was shopping was under the impression that it was more than just a golf shop where you could bring in your clubs and have a go on the simulator for a few hours but that didn't seem to be the case....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Davittdr

I thought that as well (as the name suggests) but it looked like the simulator is only used for lessons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭Derek Zoolander

yeah it would be great if you could head out with a few lads...let the girls shop for a few hours and play a round on the simulator...would certainly be a good seller i;d imagine anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

you can play on the simulator but i think you can only play for 15mins goes or something. ill check it out im going for a lesson this week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

if its the bog standard simulator in most places I've seen, then it does not work properly.

S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

I went out for a look at his setup last October. The simulator (he has 2) was only ok, good novelty factor for the first couple of holes but then gets a bit boring. Pitching was difficult and putting was a waste of time.

The guy running the place was telling me that he was hoping of updating the sims very soon....he obviously hasn't done that yet. He also said he had "big plans" but wouldn't elaborate. I got the feeling that he was looking to move away from Dundrum to a larger premises.

Wouldn't be surprised if he logs on here either. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭GreenHorn

Speaking of golf simulators...

Is there anywhere in ireland (or overseas that delivers to Ireland) that sells them privately at a price that is in anyway affordable?

GreenHorn....for the traditional sim you're looking at approx 10k-20k depending on whether you bring it in from he States or the UK, and also what spec you want. After yu purchase the SIM, you have to pay for extras like course packages etc. For e.e you may get St. Andrews and Pebble Beach bundled with a SIM but would need to fork out some extra $$$ to get Sawgrass, K-Club, etc.

You can get "lite" versions for between 2k and 6k which are really not worth the effort as all they consist of are a mat and are quite basic.

Just going from memory here so prices up there are approx.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭GreenHorn

madds wrote:
    GreenHorn....for the traditional sim you're looking at approx 10k-20k depending on whether you bring it in from he States or the UK, and also what spec you want. After yu purchase the SIM, you have to pay for extras like course packages etc. For e.e you may get St. Andrews and Pebble Beach bundled with a SIM but would need to fork out some extra $$$ to get Sawgrass, K-Club, etc.

You can get "lite" versions for between 2k and 6k which are really not worth the effort as all they consist of are a mat and are quite basic.

Just going from memory here so prices up there are approx.

Cheers Madds,

Any links or places in particular?

• Advertisement

Hmm...may have links archived somewhere...let me check.

Here you go...

US Full Swing Golf

and it's UK site

UK Full Swing Golf

Advertisement